What's on The Workbench (12 Viewers)

Very nice
 
PXL_20231122_044752361.jpg
 
PXL_20231122_052502210.jpg
 
PXL_20231122_045013488.jpg

I am blessed to have a nice house with my own hobby room.scratch built airbrush booth, 2 inline blowers vent the icky stuff out side. my apoligies for my picture posts, too big? I am old, no PC back in my early days. no clue on deleting crappy pictures.
 
I have been using my cell phone camera, I will try to figure out how to use my old digital pocket camera and photo editing is a good idea. thanks so much for your help. I posted images earlier in the build , I lost them:bucktooth:
 
Looking forward to the results. Let me know if you need assistance. If you want to keep using your phone I can help you there as well
 
:thumbright:
 
completed a few more items today, flat kote, airbrushed fuselage stripe, attached struts/wheels. I feel like my skills are progressing, plenty of great builds on aircraft.net to inspire me. I will finish up with antenna cables and canopy. some mild weathering eventually. the decals are difficult to apply:rolleyes: In the future I will spend the extra money for a better brand of model
PXL_20231123_042924558.jpg
PXL_20231123_042959601.jpg
 
completed a few more items today, flat kote, airbrushed fuselage stripe, attached struts/wheels. I feel like my skills are progressing, plenty of great builds on aircraft.net to inspire me. I will finish up with antenna cables and canopy. some mild weathering eventually. the decals are difficult to apply:rolleyes: In the future I will spend the extra money for a better brand of modelView attachment 748486View attachment 748487
very impressed with the Alclad Aqua Kote.
 
Beautiful work!
 
Is it my lack of skill or is it just poor quality of the model/decals? I cannot logically determine how the decal "teeth" would extend under the air intake so I accept that this was good enough. Makes me more determined to build a better P-40 next time.
 
Is it my lack of skill or is it just poor quality of the model/decals? I cannot logically determine how the decal "teeth" would extend under the air intake so I accept that this was good enough. Makes me more determined to build a better P-40 next time.
Looking at other builds of the P-40E in China, it could be that the teeth should have been placed a little further back towards the wing joint. :D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back