What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

right now, the Hurricane is almost completely assembled. I just need the right color paints for it. and I don't have them. so I'm waiting until the rain stops to hit the hobbystore.

Wojtek, you really do undertake some major surgery! Your skills amaze me; if it was me, with a 1/72nd scale kit, I'd either leave it as it was, or find a better one! But, I have to admit, I have done similar things on larger scale kits.

True, but that was only a modification, to open a panel or two. Wojtek is the Master of Correction when it comes to re-engineering these teeny weeny models!
Which reminds me, I need to replace that mini circular saw blade I burned out on that b****y kit!!

The wing dehidral looks good to me.But the propeller blades not.Could you take close up pic Gijive?

OK a little bit small but it looks quite good.One of the blades is fine isn't it? pic 1.

If I were you I would do that.

1. I would cut off these blades as shown in the pic 2.
2. I would clean the good blade down with sandpaper.
3. I would use modeline and would impress the blade in it three times.
4. I would use two-part epoxy glue to fill these impressed blades.
5. The modeline is quite "flabby" so it is easy to take these blades off the form.
6. I would use sandpaper to make these blades much more accurate and soft.
7. I would glue back these baldes to the hub using Superglue.

Attachments

• prop001a.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 36
  • prop001b.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 39
  • prop001c.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 40
Great idea Wojtek! My armour building mate makes his own stuff, he melts bits of sprue with poly cement and pours that into the mould. Never tried it myself. You could use this method to make your prop blades.

He super-details and scratchbuilds 1/72 armour and vehicles. Weirdo!

Users who are viewing this thread