What's on The Workbench (3 Viewers)

Idle most of the day, but did put the wings together. Applied first coat.
PXL_20260730_083833307.jpg

PXL_20260730_083824262.jpg
 
Slow progress. Had to be inventive to make sure all of the weaklings didn't collapse on me. They will probably collapse as soon as I do the touch ups and install the rear machine guns. I don't know if I will get to the rigging considering how the general struts and wheels are tad on the scary side. I can't believe I actually put those two together at all. They seem like a lot until you seperate them and see what goes to what. It's good I had a spares kit box. It has come in handy.
On the Aichi D1A2, I considered changing the color, but couldn't find the photographic evidence for the other scheme I found while digging into unit markings.
PXL_20260804_060925166.jpg

PXL_20260804_061008186.jpg

On the B2M2, the only photos I found matched what was presented in the kit, so I didn't change it. It is possible it had the color I found for the one on the net, but the photos consistently showed the color I ended up going with. Both of the aircraft were flown off of the IJN Kaga during the 1932-1937 period in the war over China.
PXL_20260804_060933476.MP.jpg

PXL_20260804_060945575.jpg
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back