What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

nice work!

well, the 2nd coat of silver paint has been applied and I've been doing the frames of the clear parts...only problem is, the bottled silver enamel color doesnt match the fuselage color. so I experimented with an aluminum color, and it looks a lot closer. I've still got quite a bit to do before I apply decals and call this bird finished. I've got to glue the clear parts to the fuselage once the correct color has been applied, I've got to carefully paint the radial engines themselves a nice gunmetal color, the props need to be painted, a few small details need to be done, such as painting 1/4 of the engine cowlings olive drab, including the section between the bombardier's place and the cockpit, the cowling flaps need to be painted yellow, so do part of the vertical stabilizers. the tires need to be painted a rubber color, the inside of the bomb bay doors need to be a n olive drab fuselage color, as do the gear door bays, the top turret needs to be installed which is gonna be a pain in my arse, oh and the kitchen sink needs to be installed

Nice work V, I like the blending of the winter cammo.
The Mossie is looking great Alex, but I don't think that large grey seat in the box by its side will fit into the Jaguar next to it!
Sonds like the B25 is coming along nicely Robert.

oh she is I just installed the top turret, it doesn't go 360 degrees, but i'm not worried about that. I just finished painting the nose and the engine cowlings in the olive color. so next are the gear and bomb bay doors.

Thanks all for the continuing nice comments on my IL-2's. Airframes, I wasn't sure how I was going to blend the camos on my mixed camo IL-2, but I think it turned out pretty well. Oh and how about some pictures, Trebor? I bit the bullet and posted mine. I'd be interested to see your B-25. Heinz, you're a brave fellow for painting such a big model silver, but it's looking good! The Mossie's always been one of my favorites.

Venganza

Nice camo!

I've been building bases for the last couple of days, one for the Corsair, the other for the GB bf109. Corsair base is nearly finished, just need to put some beading around the base. Still got a few things to do on the bird as well.

cheers Terry, started it last week and its a pretty basic kit, no internal detail at all, the rear gunner just plugs into the side with not even a bench to sit on , so i left the crew figures out, and the RLM 76 is humbrol acrylic that came with the airfix dogfight double s**t i mean kit ! i got for xmas

Here additional scratch-built armour plates for a Sturm Wurger.

Attachments

• armour plates.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 24

Users who are viewing this thread