What's on The Workbench (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

If you mean single engine fighters, then yes Jan. However, as always, there are a few exceptions. For instance, the Mosquito had a standard pattern laid down, based on a grid laid across the plan view (metaphorically speaking), which I think I sent you a copy of. Although there was a 'mirror' scheme, on the Mossie, this tended to be a 'reversal' of the colours, rather than the pattern,but again, 'in the field' changes, new major parts etc, could send this haywire!

I FINALLY got off my lazy butt and airbrushed the Hurricane (not before maskign the entire bottom of the plane to shield it) but surprisingly, this turned out kinda nice for my first try at airbrushing camo. looks a helluva lot better than the 1:48 P-40 i did that's for damn sure.

d2a93718.jpg

26a0ddff.jpg

21697795.jpg

90d579ca.jpg

Yep I agree with Wayne. But just for the future Rob, It is better to start painting with the lightest colour of como pattern.In that case it should have been Duck Egg Blue or Sky type S.Also it makes assembling easier if the landing gear and a spinner+a proppeler are added to a model as the last things.Back to painting, when the colour of undersides is dried you have to mask these surfaces and then apply the second colour, in that case Brown Earth, overal all upper surfaces.The next step is to mask these brown-earth spots you did earlier and then paint with Dark Green colour.When all is dried you can remove all masks.Notice please that the masking of undersides was still on lower surfaces.In that way you can avoid overspraying of most surfaces.

alrighty! I did some detailing on the prop and landing gear, also the canopy as well. and I put on a glosscote last night. all I gotta do is put on the decals, spray some dullcote on and then glue the canopy on and I'll be done! :D

In the spirit of thread what's on my bench:
1/32 Hasegawa bf-109 E-3/E-4 (Will be done up as A. Galands ride)
1/32 Hasegawa bf-109 E-3/E-4 (Will be done up as a E-3 in Swiss Service)
1/32 Revell Mk I Spitfire (Date on box 1969! I was 5 years old when this kit was new)

The Spitfire I am trying some aftermarket and scratch built goodies to spruce it up

By the way nice photos of the Hurricane!

Good stuff Rob!

In the spirit of thread what's on my bench:
1/32 Hasegawa bf-109 E-3/E-4 (Will be done up as A. Galands ride)
1/32 Hasegawa bf-109 E-3/E-4 (Will be done up as a E-3 in Swiss Service)
1/32 Revell Mk I Spitfire (Date on box 1969! I was 5 years old when this kit was new)

The Spitfire I am trying some aftermarket and scratch built goodies to spruce it up

By the way nice photos of the Hurricane!

Possible pics?!?

Yep, looking forward to the Emils especially. The Spit wasn't bad for the time, I remember building it back then, but it will need some help in small areas, especially the wheels. Which one of Galland's are you doing?

I will try to post some progress pics. I have been back to the hobby only a couple of years and managed only two complete builds so far. These are taking a little longer than I would like. Probably trying to be too meticulous I guess. Trying my hand at a lot of different things that I didn't when I was a kid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back