When did you first become interested in Warbirds?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sorry to be boring fellas :cry: I just thought id say how I became interested in aircraft Before I left school I was in the ATC for a couple of years and got my first flight in a plane ( a little old chipmunk) I thought it was brilliant I even had a waggle of the stick I realized that I would never have the academic ability to be a flyer so after being a decorator and a printer the next time I flew was going on holiday with some mates in a Boeing 707 I ended up in the army for a few years etc etc even now flying although taken for granted by many people still has for me a fascination that has never really waned. I should have gone for Ground crew.

Attachments

• chipmunk_935.jpg
    chipmunk_935.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 539
for me it was really when i saw a documentary on the lancaster, hense my love of the plane, just think, if i'd have cought a different episode i could have fallen in love with any plane!!

the lancaster kicks ass said:
for me it was really when i saw a documentary on the lancaster, hense my love of the plane, just think, if i'd have cought a different episode i could have fallen in love with any plane!!
Or the bake beans in the commercial break mine you in a fight either the beans or a lanc would put the wind up me. :confused:

Ive always been into planes in general, ever since I can remember. I was an air cadet for 5 years, had a few flights in Bulldogs, I wanted to become an airline pilot after uni, but my eyesight is too poor.

They are (and I do), but there are certain criteria for astigmatism which I marginally fall outside of. Essentially, my corrected eyesight is good enogh, but the deformity of my eyes is too great (or at least, thats how my optometrist explained it! :| )

It was a bit of a blow, but Im now working on Plan B, which is roughly, get degree, get MA, get job, join TA :)

(And I know they'll have me, I already applied once but decide to stay out till after uni!)

No problem joining the TA a Friend at work has not long finished his tour in Iraq on patrol and he's push his forties which I thought was a bit old for front line duties

Became interested in warbirds at age 10, when I got the classic Red Baron II for my new computer 8) Good times...

As far as WWII-specific interest goes, the original Combat Flight Sim was what pulled me in

Nice Pics Less...sorry...this is the first time i lay my eyes on them... I first becam interested with warbirds after I was taken in the air by a Zlin-526 prop plane... I loved it's saound, and the feeling it gave me... soo... which planes can outperform it? You guessed it... the ww2 warbirds... Thus... and eventually, after 6-7 years, I ended up here, a story with a happy ending.

trackend said:
No problem joining the TA a Friend at work has not long finished his tour in Iraq on patrol and he's push his forties which I thought was a bit old for front line duties

I think the British Army is desperado for any trained people they can get their hands on.

I'm afraid they're not the only ones. It's our own damn fault though.
But then, realistic long-term military planning has never been a Canadian hallmark. :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back