When did you first become interested in Warbirds?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sorry to be boring fellas I just thought id say how I became interested in aircraft Before I left school I was in the ATC for a couple of years and got my first flight in a plane ( a little old chipmunk) I thought it was brilliant I even had a waggle of the stick I realized that I would never have the academic ability to be a flyer so after being a decorator and a printer the next time I flew was going on holiday with some mates in a Boeing 707 I ended up in the army for a few years etc etc even now flying although taken for granted by many people still has for me a fascination that has never really waned. I should have gone for Ground crew.

Attachments

• chipmunk_935.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 539
for me it was really when i saw a documentary on the lancaster, hense my love of the plane, just think, if i'd have cought a different episode i could have fallen in love with any plane!!

the lancaster kicks ass said:
for me it was really when i saw a documentary on the lancaster, hense my love of the plane, just think, if i'd have cought a different episode i could have fallen in love with any plane!!
Or the bake beans in the commercial break mine you in a fight either the beans or a lanc would put the wind up me.

Ive always been into planes in general, ever since I can remember. I was an air cadet for 5 years, had a few flights in Bulldogs, I wanted to become an airline pilot after uni, but my eyesight is too poor.

They are (and I do), but there are certain criteria for astigmatism which I marginally fall outside of. Essentially, my corrected eyesight is good enogh, but the deformity of my eyes is too great (or at least, thats how my optometrist explained it! )

It was a bit of a blow, but Im now working on Plan B, which is roughly, get degree, get MA, get job, join TA

(And I know they'll have me, I already applied once but decide to stay out till after uni!)

No problem joining the TA a Friend at work has not long finished his tour in Iraq on patrol and he's push his forties which I thought was a bit old for front line duties

Became interested in warbirds at age 10, when I got the classic Red Baron II for my new computer 8) Good times...

As far as WWII-specific interest goes, the original Combat Flight Sim was what pulled me in

Nice Pics Less...sorry...this is the first time i lay my eyes on them... I first becam interested with warbirds after I was taken in the air by a Zlin-526 prop plane... I loved it's saound, and the feeling it gave me... soo... which planes can outperform it? You guessed it... the ww2 warbirds... Thus... and eventually, after 6-7 years, I ended up here, a story with a happy ending.

trackend said:
No problem joining the TA a Friend at work has not long finished his tour in Iraq on patrol and he's push his forties which I thought was a bit old for front line duties

I think the British Army is desperado for any trained people they can get their hands on.

Users who are viewing this thread