Where to buy weight? To prevent tailsitting

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ok... I would suggest using some of a collapsar core. It should be really enough.

You know there is another solution. Aquarium stores should also have lead weight strips used for holding down plants. I've used them when working on my widow. You can cut them to any size smaller than the original size and since they are flat, they can fit in some places those fishing weights can't. Just a thought. :)

I found a small magnet imbedded in. The airfield (diorama) eliminated the need to add lead. Here is a picture
Balance Your Black Widow Without Lead

Reg
Pretty dang clever!

In a widow, you could also consider strip lead (adhesive wheel weights) below the cockpit instead of the radom if you're not using a diorama...the magnet is still a real cool idea, though.

(When I said below the cockpit, I meant below the cockpit area within the fuselage. When I re-read the original post, it just didn't sound right...lol)

Last edited:
I suspect that these small "Liquid Gravity" weights if not lead and costing over $52 USD per pound must be tungsten metal. Pretty expensive. I'd use the tungsten paste, no adhesive or try a fishing tackle store for the tungsten fishing weights

No seriously, I think with the P-38 I may be able to remove the instrument panel in the cockpit and put fishing weights in the nose.

Hi, All,
Another hobby of mine is reloading shotgun shells. This comes in handy when I need to wgt down a nose. I use #9 shot (smallest common size) and mix it in a dixie cup with some 15 minute epoxy. Makes for a weighted "sludge" that I can pour into those little hidden recesses and the stuff will form up nicely.
Just my 2 cents.
Dale

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back