Which aircraft logged the.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think I would pass on hockey with Les. I had a policy, when I could still skate; There is no such thing as a friendly game of hockey with a goon! I prefer to keep my teeth in my mouth, as opposed to retrieving them from the Zamboni! ;)

Oh, I know. I've had my nose broken so many times, it's a wonder I can breathe.
I can only breath outta my left nostril... The right ones been closed for a long time, due to the same reason....

There is no such thing as a friendly game of hockey with a goon! I prefer to keep my teeth in my mouth
Man all u small little guys gotta do is skate right around us big goon-types.... We're slow asses...... Those speedy little fast guys piss me off..... Cant catch em....

Well.... Sometimes I do. Hehe.....

Then it is all the more eaily bruised! ;) hehe I have known a number of former SEALs in my life and they usually have some amount of ego. But the way I see it, they've earned it. You can;t stay on the tip of the spear by being timid.

B-26CFlakBait322ndBG1945thumb.jpg
Flak_Bait_1a.jpg
Flak_Bait_2a.jpg
Flak Bait.jpg
farrell_11.jpg
Good catch, Dave! According to the NASM site:
The NASM B-26B-25-MA nicknamed Flak Bait (AAF serial number 41-31173) survived 207 operational missions over Europe, more than any other American aircraft during World War II (A de Havilland Mosquito B. Mk. IX bomber completed 213 missions but this aircraft was destroyed in a crash at Calgary Airport in Canada, two days after V-E Day, see NASM D. H. 98 Mosquito). Workers at the Baltimore factory completed Flak Bait in April 1943 and a crew flew it to England. The AAF assigned it to the 449th Bombardment Squadron, 322nd Bombardment Group (nicknamed the 'Annihilators'), and gave the bomber the fuselage identification codes "PN-O." Lt. James J. Farrell of Greenwich, Connecticut, flew more missions in Flak Bait than any other pilot. He named the bomber after Flea Bait, his brother's nickname for the family dog.

This Marauder earned its nickname after just a few missions. Other bombers returned unscathed but Flak Bait invariably returned full of holes. "It was hit plenty of times, hit all the time," recalls Farrell. "I guess it was hit more than any other plane in the group.

So there is your answer, Lionel. I was meticulous with my questions to clarify what it was you were looking for. Now you have your answer. 8)

BTW, I am really a Colonel in the CAF.

Martins Magnificent Marauder!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back