which aircraft thrilled you the most to see flying

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Eric had a great idea. In addition to seeing one, what was the best ride one took? (didn't mean to hijack the thread.)

no probs njaco

i once got a ride in a gazzelle helicopter i was about 18, my dad told the pilot i was mad about all types of aircraft, so he climbed up high and tried to let me have a go at the controls but as soon as i touched them the gazzelle did an impression of a kangeroo on a space hopper :lol: so the pilot did a bit of nap of the earth flying wich was amazing

Well when it comes to flying these aircraft have thrilled me:

T-6 Texan. I got a flight in one at an airshow in North Carolina. It was the only warbird I have ever flown in.

UH-1H Huey. When I was in Highschool I was in JROTC and we would go and fly in them every year. I flew in a Huey 5 times.

UH-60L Blackhawk. What can I say, I have over 1,500 flight hours in a Blackhawk helicopter. That was my job in the military and I would normally fly about 3 to 4 times a week. It thrilled me each and every time, and now I miss her.

At Chino:

Five P47's in formation

Three P38's in the air

Two Zero's vs two P40's (or) F4F's

The annual F86 vs Mig-14 dog fight

At Hawthorne airfield in 1993, a Skyraider doing a dive bombing exhibition

At Hawthorne in 1992, a MiG-29 doing a high speed flyby.

Sound breaker I live in Jeffco down by c470,Wads and Kipling area. Seems like i'm on the flight path of some interesting stuff. Think it was Memorial day and a flight of F-16s in a fingers 4 formation flew over real low on the way to a Rockies game, was way cool. When I lived up near Conifer a few years ago I was having a beer on my deck when a Skyraider came thru the valley at a fairly low level, that was awesome. Apparently the pilot does pyro shows on the 4th of July.
Torch - you live right down the road from me - I'm about a mile from Kipling and Jewell - Green Mountain!!!!

Hello, i´m new in this forum and hope that i don´t upset anyone with my bad english!
Last year i go with my best friend to Duxford near London for the Flying Legends Airshow. We visit the wonderfull museum at thursday (the Airshow starts the following saturday). We come out of the shop and just in these moment a Supermarine Spitfire (i think it was a Mk IX) fly over the airstrip, not more as 15 meters high and 20 meters away. I never forget the sound of the piston engine and the heat on my face because in Germany we have nothing like that.

The single most impressive thing I have ever seen at an air show, was the Harrier when it first came into service.
The RIAT at the time was held at Mildenhall before the cruise missiles were based there. When the Harrier did its display simply everything at the airshow stopped, most people incl air force members had never seen a Harrier and the impact had to be seen to be believed. I do mean everything stopped, planes stopped taxiing, people stopped walking, the garbage trucks stopped, shopping halted for a while, it was quite remarkable.

i dont know if that fits in this topic but what most impressed me was the tucanos from esquadrilha da fumaça, an acrobatic group form brazilian air force.

I'll raise you Syscom with 5 or 6 B 17s 2 B24's and a Lanc at Geneseo in the 80's
with a following formation of 26 T6's

I'll raise you Syscom with 5 or 6 B 17s 2 B24's and a Lanc at Geneseo in the 80's
with a following formation of 26 T6's

I will raise you 12 plus B25's flying over Los Angeles in 1989, the 50th anniverery of the first flight of the prototype.

The mass warbird flight at Chino back a few years ago was another site to behold. 25 - 30 of them.

The CAF in Arizona had a HE-111... Got to see the He-111 and there B-17 in the same sky's... It was a Spanish HE-111 ...But still cool to me ...

P-38 way cool to see ...

A B-29 to see fly would give me a woody ...:p

The two plane I have not got to see fly but were shocked to see up close...Were the F7F do to its big size...And the F8F do to the curves and beauty

remember as a very young lad the F-86 Sabre, several of them to be exact ..........wow the thrust and power at the time was remarkable, funny what hits you at a young age and is remembered. Of course the B-24/B-17 which I have seen many times and had the pleasure of looking through as well as the B-25 Mitchell.

One of the fascinating displays was Marseilles Bf 109E he used on the Ost front...........yes it still flys.

Blue Angels at least a dozen times, many different jets out of Luke AF base close to relatives.

had the pleasure of watching P-38's and P-47's down in Cali back in the 1960's and a host of P-51 Mustangs

There used to be an airshow just outside Louisville, KY, that drew in 17 Mustangs, a B-17, B-29, a Privateer, a Ventura, a boatload of T-6s, a P-47, a couple of Corsairs, that P-38 mentioned above, and who knows what else, including the modern stuff. It was a heckuva show, I got to meet Yeager, Petersen, Andersen and another of the 357th guys who all flew together during the War. I gotta say that seeing all those Mustangs flying around in fours sends shivers down the spine, especially with all those guys who flew them in the war, in the backseats........

moved further south. Also I'm friends with Larry at Gourmet meats on Jewel between Kipling and Wads. Good Danish bakery up on I think it's Union..

Obfhr. Hans-Joachim Marseille of 3./JG 27 flying Bf 109E-? shot down by soviet Flak around Laibach, glatt gelandet - 06.04.41. In early-April of 1941 I. gruppe was flying missions in the Balkans before their transfer to the area of Nordafrika the same month.

Obfhr. Hans-Joachim Marseille of 3./JG 27 flying Bf 109E-? shot down by soviet Flak around Laibach, glatt gelandet - 06.04.41. In mid-April of 1941 I. gruppe was flying missions in the Balkans before their transfer to the area of Nordafrika
was that in W.Nr 3579

Users who are viewing this thread

Back