Which WWII Axis nation produced most dangerous pilots?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

"Russia, to this day, refuse to apologise for it's acts in Germany and East Europe."

I can understand how Russians feel about this, and I can feel it is really hard for them, who lost over 20 millions people in that war, to be blamed for their undoing at same time. :(

I dont have any data or resources to back up my theory for this. But, I have found that there is a similarity between Russians and Japanese military system.

They were both treated inhumanly by their superior, and the wartime propaganda about how their enemies were like contributed greatly to their reaction in battlefield. Chinese were seen as "pigs" by Japanese, who believed themselves as the children of gods. Once your oppoents become demonized, then there is no reason for you to treat them equally as human being.

Russians were also treated badly by their officiers and retreat can only ended up being killed by your country men. Moreover, rumors as well as propaganda about the German cruelty toward the captured men and women intensified their hatred to the enemies.

Once Chinese or German captial fell, Najing and Berlin, years of accumulation of brutality and madness exploded instantly, and victorious ones sought revenge on their powerless enemies in hoping to comfort their lost souls.

That schouldn´t be given by politics. There are even german (and of course japanese...)victims of ww2. No doubt. Wars are between nations but it´s almost everytimes the man and woman, who are the victims. However, the quality of crimes allowed by the german people (resp. their nazi government)and done by them is uncomparable to anything else in history and will never be forgetten. It is part of our cultural memory. And is treated in that way, also. There is no way to compare the crimes, this should let to a misleading way, this is a task to be made by a historical view.

I think the world as a whole was a victom of Hitlers views and what he did. The German people however do not wish to remove it from our history, it happened and it can not be forgoten. I was watching a good report on TV during the opening of the Holocaust monument in Berlin and they interviewed several teen agers and they all said, Germany is to blame for wat happened and it can not be forgoten. They also did say though that they (there generation) should not be to blame for it. I agree with them on this.

plan_D said:
It is hard to believe people haven't heard of the disgusting Soviet acts late in the war. From the words of an East Prussian talking about her plight in 1944 "...it was our holocaust but no one cared."

Russia, to this day, refuse to apologise for it's acts in Germany and East Europe.

My wifes grandmother was a victom of this. She was raped several times by Russian soldiers. She hates them still today and I can not blame her. She was only a little girl at the time.

The Soviets were just as bad, sometimes worse than the Nazis. The only reason this isn't widely accepted is because even with post-war tensions, the Soviets helped us beat the Nazis. We have to show some gratitude.

In reality it needed a harsher regime to defeat the Nazi regime. The Soviet Union slaughtered more than the Nazi one did.

Although I think inevitably it is bound to happen at some time in the future. Maybe not in our lifetimes, but it will happen.

lesofprimus said:
Rememer the Iran/Iraq War??? All those innocent civialians being gassed to death???? How about Angola???

THAT was bad by modern statistics..... And compared to WWII it was nothing....

Makes u truely realize how far the human race has come..... And we still have a hell of a long way to go....

You Said it!

plan_D said:
The way of the warrior.

The Germans had a certain warrior code to uphold too. Prussian military history was rich with victory, the Great War was the first loss they'd suffered in over 100 years. I'm sure the Luftwaffe had a certain standard to live up to. I certainly know that German General Staff Officers did.

All that is null and void anyway, we all know the Romanian pilots were the most dangerous Axis pilots. :lol:
Are you being sarcastic? But they had several high scoring aces! 8)

Concerning your current discussion, i always say you need to have a good knowlege of history to be a complete person. The other day i was talking to a girl that didn't know about the holocaust! Or that soaps were made from the dead! I mean some people have no idea how much cruelty the human race is capable of.

I was sarcastic about the last line, yes.

Is it me, or did you just say that soap is made from the dead? You're talking about the fat off dead animals, right?

plan_D said:
I was sarcastic about the last line, yes.

Is it me, or did you just say that soap is made from the dead? You're talking about the fat off dead animals, right?

I think he meant dead as in dead concentration camp victims :shock:

lesofprimus said:
Rememer the Iran/Iraq War??? All those innocent civialians being gassed to death???? How about Angola???

THAT was bad by modern statistics..... And compared to WWII it was nothing....

Makes u truely realize how far the human race has come..... And we still have a hell of a long way to go....

Very true. I actually forgot about the Balkans...Bosnia, Kosovo, Croatia, Albania and Serbia. Seeing all those mass graves actually turned my stomach. The wars there were actually the bloodiest the world has ever seen since WW2.

He's right, what you see on the news is a big lie.

World War 2, the Germans invading, it's all a lie. Poland invited them, they had a party, punch was served!

But don't go telling that to war veterans, they're really stuck in the lie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back