Who's going to 'Flying Legends'?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
I've already got my ticket for Flying Legends, at Duxford, UK, on Saturday and Sunday, 12th and 13th July this year. I'll be at the show on the Sunday, but staying on Saturday and Sunday evening at the camp site just up the road, at Fowlmere, as I have another commemorative event to attend on the way on Saturday, and deliver a model a diorama at the same time.
A good view of some of the show on Saturday can also be had from the camp site, by the way, and it's a neat and tidy field with the usual facilities.
I'm expecting that Gary (Geedee) and Tony (Rocketeer) will be there as usual, so if anyone else is planning on going, get in touch, and we'll see if we can meet up.
Confirmed for this year's show so far, as well as the usual Spitfires, Mustangs, Hellcats and Corsairs etc, is the Brietling Super Constellation, two Junkers Ju52/3Ms, and some of the 'Red Bull' team, including that shiny P-38.

I'm going to miss it this year, Saturday I'm racing at Castle Combe then Sunday at a car show at Kimbolton castle prior to driving down to Portsmouth

Too much going on at home for me at the moment but I still hope to make out that way again Terry. I may be doing shorter trips near family this year and there's a very outside chance I will be at Genesseo that weekend.

Thanks chaps, and the more (who attend) the merrier!
Perhaps next year's Battle of Britain Anniversary show at Duxford, which has already been suggested by Jeff, might be a good one to get members together ?

I spoke to a friend of mine this past weekend and he has indicated he would be willing to make the trip in Sept 2015 with me so put me down as coming. Just the thought of who knows how many Spitfires and Hurricanes all together at once....chilling.

Have a great time Terry, while you are capturing the British side of things that weekend I will be in geneseo New York having a gander.

Cheers,

Jeff

Good stuff Jeff. It'll be great if we can get an International contingent together for the BoB show nest year. I'm expecting it to be a great show for the 75th Anniversary.
Be even better if we can get enough confirmed in time to make a 'block booking' at a hotel, although suitable (and affordable) venues, and transport, near by are a bit of a problem.
But even a number of members together at the show itself could be a blast !
EDIT: Forgot to add - if you want any pics of the Geneseo 'Dak' at Duxford, taken three weeks ago, let me know.

Last edited:
Nice one !
I'll up-date the participation list as and when DX publish it, but so far, flying 'acts' include B-17 'Sally B', the BBMF Lanc, Spit and Hurricane, 2 Ju52s, the Constellation, the B-25, P-38 and Corsair from Red Bull, three P-51s, Hellcat, Wildcat, Bearcat, Avenger, another 2 Corsairs, Me108, Nimrod (biplane) and more Spits etc.

Watch the trailer here... Flying Legends Airshow

I'm getting moist !

And don't forget that the Mk1 Blenheim has had her first engine runs...sooooo, its quite possible, she may be either on the flying list or at least on the static !

Last edited:
I wish I could go. *sigh* Ah well, have fun for me, guys - and please shoot a lot of lovely photos that you'd be happy to show to those of us that can't be there, pretty please?

No problem Maria. I'm sure that, between us, we'll get some reasonable photos. Pity you can't grab a flight and get here - I'm sure you'd be well looked after, although we don't have any Gammeldansk !

Users who are viewing this thread