Why was this thread closed.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Snautzer01

Honourably banned
Mar 26, 2007
??? Did i miss a memo?

Screenshot_20240616-095449.jpg

Nope, there was no memo.

I closed the thread. There were pictures posted created by AI with fake sexy women. I don't think the site needs something like that.

Having said that, I think a thread like that does not belong in this time. If we would have a thread about women in aviation, it should be to encourage them to go into aviation, not something to ventilate sexist posts. The thread disappeared from my radar and I personally think closing that thread was long over due.

I admit that there were a lot of posts that were just that, normal photos showing women at work, but some posts, especially the earlier ones, but also some recent ones were of lower stature and there is a high risk that there will be more like that.

I don't mind it if a new thread is started as long as it is respectful. We want every member to feel respected and I would welcome a thread that would stimulate women to enter the world of aviation.

So by all means, start a new thread. I would suggest omitting the word "girls" though and suggest to use the word "women" instead.

Last edited:
You closed a thread on your opinion. If there was a rule that was broken the mods should adress the poster. Not punish the community.

Lower stature... first you say the thread wasnt read by you but now you make a moral verdict.
Not a dissision made because of a rule been broken. A moral disission. Your moral.

I feel offended. I viewed contributed to this thread, and now i am told by you opinion viewing, contributing, i belong to the more scetchy part a male society that doent belong in this day and age,?
Is that what you say?

You closed a thread on your opinion. If there was a rule that was broken the mods should adress the poster. Not punish the community.

Lower stature... first you say the thread wasnt read by you but now you make a moral verdict.
Not a dissision made because of a rule been broken. A moral disission. Your moral.

I feel offended. I viewed contributed to this thread, and now i am told by you opinion viewing, contributing, i belong to the more scetchy part a male society that doent belong in this day and age,?
Is that what you say?
You can take it as you like, but that's all on yourself. I never mentioned you being the one I was aiming at. And that's also not what I meant. But if you want to play the victim, I cannot stop you. :rolleyes:

Btw, I guess you noticed I did not close your "women in uniform thread"? That's because that thread is how it is supposed to be…

Oh and wake up to the 2020's. Things have changed since the last 20 years. So it's not just my opinion although clearly not yours.

If you see it as punishment, that's just on yourself. We've closed long running threads before and haven't heard you complaining about that. I even told you you could start a new thread, so where is the punishment?

I support the move. Anyone wanting to see girlie pics has plenty of other options, including V2's thread.

I support a thread honoring women in aviation and Snautzer's posts were largely that. Just start a new thread and let the old one R.I.P.

Last edited:
It was straying from the ethos of the thread. AI generated images are not what it was for given the direction it was heading it's been closed to signal direction of posting that more fits with the ethos of the forum as a whole. There are other threads like the Women in Uniform thread that most of the pictures could still be shared in for the most part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back