Wife dies in Corsair? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

beaupower32

Tech Sergeant
Jun 10, 2007
Lancaster, California
There is a story about a man who was fed up with his wife. She was a pilot and so was he. Well, he bought her a perfect wedding anniversary present. A F4U Corsair. Well story has it that she was so happy she took it up for a spin. Well apon landing she ended up crashing it and killed herself. The Corsair claimed another novice and the husband got away with perfect murder.

Anyone hear of this story and if it is even true?

I have heard it before and it goes back a long time. Was supposedly a rich oil man in Houston. Sounds plausible but I suppose that one could find out by checking on if a Corsair ever crashed with a woman pilot. Used to date a girl who was the daughter of a rich oil guy from Houston. Her daddy had a Bearcat which he raced and she flew in the Powder Puff Derby but never flew the F8F. Anything is possible in Texas. If it is not true, we just act as if it is true and it becomes reality.

That guy ought to be hung, shot, castrated, disemboweled, have his eyes yanked out, rupture his ear drums, and have his tongue nailed to his forehead........just for arranging to have the Corsair wreck!!!!

I agree........sounds a bit urban legand to me.

i thought it was weird too that he would go out and buy a Corsair just to kill his wife. I have looked some on the internet and havent seen anything in the news. I will look a little more, but I doubt I will find anything.

Remember that when this supposedly happened was not long after WW2 and there were many Corsairs around and they were relatively cheap. My memory may be faulty but I believe that Frank Tallman and Paul Mantz bought some Corsairs from military surplus for around $375 each and the gas tanks were full.

Remember that when this supposedly happened was not long after WW2 and there were many Corsairs around and they were relatively cheap. My memory may be faulty but I believe that Frank Tallman and Paul Mantz bought some Corsairs from military surplus for around $375 each and the gas tanks were full.

if only it was like that today, i would have a back yard full of warbirds.

What are todays prices? I saw a cosair crash back in 74 at an air show in Olatha KS. Still have the news paper artical....somewhere.:cry:

I don't know for sure but I think I heard that a Corsair in flyable condition is worth well north of 1M.

and who is that stupid to waste a good corsair i mean if you are going to kill your wife do it in an ally

Do you realise how stupid you'd have to be to do that?

To me ,it sounds like urban legend but if its true .......:shock: :shock:

yea i mean who would ever use an F4u the pascific mustang to kill there wife

Maybe he should have bought his wife a GEE BEE racer-I understand that they were also pretty good at eliminating pilots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back