World Football (Soccer) Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

under 20 scores
Congo 1 Austria 1
Portugual 2 New Zealand 0
Gambia 0 Mexico 3

Latest scores:

Uzbekistan 2-0 Iraq
Iran 8-1 Jamaica
Thailand 2-0 Quatar
Paraguay 3-1 USA
Argentina 4-2 Columbia

Todays matches:

Peru - Bolivia
Venezuala - Uraguay

How big is soccer in the US fellas? I guess that it's nowhere near as popular as NFL, NBL, NHL, NBA and the likes, but do you have any figures, number of teams etc?

Tell you what, if you could convince all the NFL's running backs/wide receivers and get all the fastest NBA players on one soccer team, and gave them a year to learn how to play correctly, you'd have one hell of a soccer team.

too big and bulky for soccer, the optimal frame for this sport is smaller.

Plus, they are trained for 'stop and go' runs, in soccer the game never stops and all the training and building of muscles must be different.

Little detail, they need to have 'good feet' ...

If to be soccer champions only needs to be athlets, then the African teams would rule.

How big is soccer in the US fellas? I guess that it's nowhere near as popular as NFL, NBL, NHL, NBA and the likes, but do you have any figures, number of teams etc?

I dont have figures or anything but soccer is not as popular in the states. I think its too bad because it is a great game.

If works as consolation prize I mus said that the US goal against Paraguay was a agreat one, 19 passes and a very potent kick by Ricardo Clark. 8)

Only a select few watch soccer in this country, and most others make fun of them for it, i.e., people like me who play Football, Rugby, LaCrosse, Hockey, etc. We think it's a sport for girls, and we don't like it. Basically think the reverse of what Europe thinks about American football and you have soccer in the states. except for a couple million people (out of 300 million), no one likes the sport here.

Under 20 scores from the 3rd
Czech 2 NKorea 2
Panama 0 Argentina 6
Brazil 3 SKorea 2
US 6 Poland 1

Again if you do not like soccer then please do not post in this thread. Do not ruin it for the fans of the sport.

The whole world accept for the US likes the sport, so if you dont like it **** off and dont post in here! :lol:

are you speaking to me? Chill out man, I was saying why we don't like it, not trying to diss the sport. But that's what we do to express our disdain for it, so I gave an example. Is that so wrong?

are you speaking to me? Chill out man, I was saying why we don't like it, not trying to diss the sport. But that's what we do to express our disdain for it, so I gave an example. Is that so wrong?
NFL is boring it's almost like watching paint dry. I'd prefer watching a soccer game to NFL as the play is contiuous and you get to watch the offence try and exploit the defence . How much time in a football game is watching the clock rundown with no action. I've been told there is actually less then 15 minutes of play in a 60 minute game

Its the way you express yourself. I specifically said in the beginning of this thread if you dont like soccer dont post in this thread....

pbfoot said:
NFL is boring it's almost like watching paint dry. I'd prefer watching a soccer game to NFL as the play is contiuous and you get to watch the offence try and exploit the defence . How much time in a football game is watching the clock rundown with no action. I've been told there is actually less then 15 minutes of play in a 60 minute game

That I disagree with. I love the NFL as well. Great game and very exciting especially when the game comes down to the final two minutes.

Its all personal tastes though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back