WW1 aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

johnbr

2nd Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2006
London Ontario Canada
World War I, Aircraft Comparison; Morane-Saulnier Type AI, Mo.S.30 E1; SPAD XIII (S.13); Sopwith Dolphin (5.F.1) Mk.III Prototype; Bristol Fighter F.2A (Brisfit); Nieuport 28 C1; Sopwith Camel F.1; Royal Aircraft Factory S.E.5a; Salmso

Attachments

• ww-1 aircraft.jpg
    ww-1 aircraft.jpg
    465.4 KB · Views: 1,153
I do find ww1 more interesting than ww2.
The aircraft seem far more interesting.
Not saying Snipe is better than Spitfire but that a Snipe was the F-35 of its day.
And that is crazy.

In the modelling section we recently completed a build that included some WWI aircraft. sadly the turnout was not all that enthusiastic. I think most of the model makers are put off by the prospect of biplane rigging. its a pity, because the WWI aircraft are a very interesting bunch.

In the modelling section we recently completed a build that included some WWI aircraft. sadly the turnout was not all that enthusiastic. I think most of the model makers are put off by the prospect of biplane rigging. its a pity, because the WWI aircraft are a very interesting bunch.
What amazes me about the world wars was the rate of development of aircraft.
As with WWII, where we went from biplanes to jets, the first world war took us from "motorized kites" to practical aircraft.
Nothing like a good ol' war to accelerate the advancement of technology!

--------------------------------------

Wurger & Graeme,

Great set of pics! Thank you for posting those! :pilotsalute:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back