WW1 aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

But what's with the fitted curtains visible in the windows in the fuselage? I wonder if the fuselage had potted plants and a pet poodle to help the crew de-stress during combat? Or perhaps Aunt Vultrogotha went along for the ride so she could lean out and curse the Tommies below (you've never been cursed out until you've been cursed out by a Bavarian hausfrau!).

While I won't rule out your theory ;) I think it was more of a "Dark Cockpit" devise probably aided is seeing the instruments under certain lighting conditions. Or if they had cockpit lights for night flying, the curtains could also lesson the glow of the lights thru the side windows.

Just ideas on my part, not to be taken as fact!

from rise of flight. Jasta 29 bird, yell
index29.jpg
ow nose.

Kaiser's answer to the Brisfit.

Obvs can't speak about real life, but in the sims it's fast, fairly maneuverable, and the fixed forward gun does make head-ons dicier. It's one of those planes you really want to stalk and plan for rather than just jumping into a scrap. High-ahead or lowside-aft attacks were the best bet -- but make sure your gunnery is good, you don't want a second pass or hairball if you can avoid it. The gunner could make that a headache.

A really nifty airplane, especially for the time.

Obvs can't speak about real life, but in the sims it's fast, fairly maneuverable, and the fixed forward gun does make head-ons dicier. It's one of those planes you really want to stalk and plan for rather than just jumping into a scrap. High-ahead or lowside-aft attacks were the best bet -- but make sure your gunnery is good, you don't want a second pass or hairball if you can avoid it. The gunner could make that a headache.

A really nifty airplane, especially for the time.
You copied that straight off the Bristol F2B information blurb, didn't you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back