WWII Aircraft Pics from lesofprimus...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

More...

Attachments

• 0000Dans.jpg
    0000Dans.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 802
  • 000Dans.jpg
    000Dans.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 800
  • 00000Dans.jpg
    00000Dans.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 802
  • 0010Dans.jpg
    0010Dans.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 793
  • b17nose5.JPG
    b17nose5.JPG
    20 KB · Views: 807
  • SpitVariant.jpg
    SpitVariant.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 810
  • Fw-190D-9 JV44.jpg
    Fw-190D-9 JV44.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 789
  • Close Call 2.jpg
    Close Call 2.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 804
  • bader and leg.JPG
    bader and leg.JPG
    6.2 KB · Views: 795
  • B-25J[111].jpg
    B-25J[111].jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 801
either way a few feet forward and he'd be dead, but if it was flak wouldn't it be more likely that there'd be multiple hits? and those drawings are great............

Ive posted my drawings before Lanc, and CC has one of them as well, as Im sure ur aware... Just thought Id dump them out there again for the noobs...

I would assume that hole is from flak, otherwise it was one hell of a cannon round that made that hole...

That one of the B17. Amazing the plane flew back to base.

I cant imagine what the pilot, copilot and flight engineer were thinking. Everythings fine, going through the flak, and in one moment the whole nose of the plane dissapears.

Würger staffel gents not Papegai staffel another after the war myth. My understanding that in reality the Doras were never in the air the same time the JV jets were .......

well yee haw to that !

Yea, thanks for that Erich... I hate having to repeat this, but the Papegai is a myth.... Wurger Staffel (Butcher-Bird Squadron) or Platzschutzstaffel..

As for as ur last Erich, Ive seen accounts to suggest both they did and didnt go up with the -262's.... Its hard to accept one or the other as truth... Ive read and talked about JV44 since I was a little kid, and is one of my top favortie Topics...

Can u clarify this for me/us???

OK, the Würgerstaffel Fw 190D picture rocks!!! :thumbleft:
I just know it from a 1/72nd scale kit that I'm an owner of... I'm not a Luftwaffe Expert though...
BTW, do you know the story about the picture above the Dora picture?

Maybe someone other here will know...
The No. 416 Squadron RCAF (Nickname: Lynx, City of Oshawa) beared the squadron codes DN between 1940 - 1946... So a Canadien that pilot should probably be...

Lesofprimus,
Thanks a lot for all these documents, I could start a collection of History pictures!!
Do you know that one?

Picture 002.jpg

Pisis said:
Maybe someone other here will know...
The No. 416 Squadron RCAF (Nickname: Lynx, City of Oshawa) beared the squadron codes DN between 1940 - 1946... So a Canadien that pilot should probably be...
maybe a 416 pilot but he's not Canadian the uniform doesn't have the Canada shoulder flashes so he's probably a Brit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back