WWII aircraft wing I found tonight!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I know I could be missing something here or being to simplistic but one of the early photos of the repair, had a number on it that started 29.
FJ explained how these numbers were used and a link was put up that showed which manufactures used which numbers, comparing the two it looks as if it could be a NA BT-9.
Looking at photos of the BT 9 the wing looks to be about the right size and shape, being a training aircraft would normally be natural metal.

I know this isn't by any means conclusive for a number of reasons but is there any reason why this isn't possible?

I know I could be missing something here or being to simplistic but one of the early photos of the repair, had a number on it that started 29.
FJ explained how these numbers were used and a link was put up that showed which manufactures used which numbers, comparing the two it looks as if it could be a NA BT-9.
Looking at photos of the BT 9 the wing looks to be about the right size and shape, being a training aircraft would normally be natural metal.

I know this isn't by any means conclusive for a number of reasons but is there any reason why this isn't possible?
There is a good chance that series of part numbers were used on the T-6 as well.

Sorry I haven't been here in a while. Been crazy busy!...not really...just beach bum lazy:lol:

Ok, my camera still hasn't arrived in the mail yet but, I've got a plan! I know this kid, 14 years old on island and he is always looking for work. I've offered him 20 dollars to assist me on my day off this week to go out and dig the wing up. Upon approval of his parents we are going to dig it up during low tide.

Being that my camera isn't here I'm going to use the evidence camera after an "anonymous" caller calls in some UXO that has to be documented. I'll take some pics with this camera. It's not as good as my camera but, it will have to do. I'm hoping to do this Firday.

In the meantime, enjoy the pic below. It was found tonight and I just got back from taking the pictures. I'm not sure of the size or if they are Japanese or American. I'll update.

Attachments

• 326026711_e123fa4ade_b.jpg
    326026711_e123fa4ade_b.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 256
Flyboy..... PBJ's were used by the USN and USMC.

It could very well be one of those.

Flyboy....another possibility....... were any PV1's built by NA aircraft under contract for Lockheed?

After viewing this pic I just can't see how this wreckage could be part of the B29. I got this pic from Google Images. The hinged parts just don't add up. But then again we haven't seen the other side.

Attachments

• san04%20B-25%20Mitchell%20dobaf%201.jpg
    san04%20B-25%20Mitchell%20dobaf%201.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 256
Hello All,

It's likely that the metal for the repair was from an abandoned NA plane. The rest could be anything. Most large parts like horizontals have a data plate near the root. If the root is still there.

Ok, I'm bored and it will not stop raining. Its been raining for over 24 hours now!

So, not to rub it in or anything but...meaning I know some of you are in cold places, enjoy the pic below and may it warm your senses in that winter land you live in.

Actually I miss the cold weather and love snow! Sorry this is off-topic.

Attachments

• 292920344_f1a02497ca_b.jpg
    292920344_f1a02497ca_b.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 312
Yeah nice shot. Understand it can get a bit boring after a while (one more day in paradise). It's 42F and 2Pm. Going down to the high 20s tonight. That pic looks very....warm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back