WWII Aviation movies you would like to see.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

There is an old film about the story of Douglas Bader actually, I saw it as a kid in the 80's.
I don't remember the name, but it may have been 'Fight for the skies' after the title of his autobiography (?)

Close Evan, it's "Reach for the sky" with Kenneth More.

Hi,

I too have a soft spot for the old BoB movie. I always had a soft spot for Sussanah York too, so a movie showing the fine lines of Spitfires and Miss York is good in my books.

A remake, from the German perspective would be good. I thought Das Boot was a great movie and showed a different persepective, and that could be portrayed in a BoB remake.

I'd like to see a movie about the Walrus and those light amphibians that plucked out downed pilots, though it may be very boring unless it was dramatised with some good characters.

Although not an "aircraft" movie, I did see Murphy's War a few weeks ago and it has a Grumman Duck in it. That was good to watch. There is something beautifully ugly about that plane.

river

Hi,

I got a dyno day on, a family birthday and need to prep one of the cars for a new engine this weekend, so I doubt I'll have time to watch a movie. Even had to postpone an ASL game, which annoys me a tad.

river

Now you guys have got me digging out my Reach for the Sky DVD for another viewing. The wife will not be pleased but don't worry. I'll tell her its your fault :lol:

Hurricanes, Heroism and Kenneth More = Bliss! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back