XP-39 II - The Groundhog Day Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're lucky Marcel.
Had you been in my town, it might have been a Hippocroccofroghog ( which are all female ), a close relation to the dreaded Hippocroccofrog ( also all female ), but smaller, and not quite as dangerous.
If you are unfortunate enough to see a Hippocroccofrog ( and this town is full of them ! ), the normal initial reaction ( until one becomes accustomed to the sight ) is instant retching and vomiting, followed by slow dissolving of the retina, vertigo, dribbling, and finally, insanity, sometimes followed by a merciful death.
However, the Hippocroccofroghog normally just induces retching, and puts one off one's beer for around a week - which, of course, is bad enough !

Hmmmm...if a groundhog exceeds the speed of dark, does it mean it can't see a shadow?

The question remains whether it's the C- or D-model groundhog that is capable of those speeds. My money's with the C but I'm still worried about CofG and the risk of tumbling groundhogs.

Does the "seeing shadows" indicator of groundhog speed perhaps suggest a conspiracy that there is more than one Punxsatawny Phil and, worse, that they are of different variants?

Hmmmm...if a groundhog exceeds the speed of dark, does it mean it can't see a shadow?

The question remains whether it's the C- or D-model groundhog that is capable of those speeds. My money's with the C but I'm still worried about CofG and the risk of tumbling groundhogs.

Does the "seeing shadows" indicator of groundhog speed perhaps suggest a conspiracy that there is more than one Punxsatawny Phil and, worse, that they are of different variants?
There are all kinds of groundhog variants, the Eastern (Marmota Monax) and the yellow-bellied marmots of the American West, there's a European variant, and a Himalayan variant, and those are just the ones I can think of, off the top of my head. All of those variants can have different colored fur, and some can be quite heavy, while the yellow-bellied Western ones are relatively smaller than the Eastern variants (American). I've always been interested in the groundhogs, even if their COGs are "off". They are all fun to shoot, and I've devoted quite a bit of time doing that. I have yet to shoot one out of a tree, although I know they climb them often enough. I've seen them sunning themselves on top of fenceposts a time or two, but they bailed quicker than I could get them shot. Groundhogs are fun.

There are all kinds of groundhog variants, the Eastern (Marmota Monax) and the yellow-bellied marmots of the American West, there's a European variant, and a Himalayan variant, and those are just the ones I can think of, off the top of my head. All of those variants can have different colored fur, and some can be quite heavy, while the yellow-bellied Western ones are relatively smaller than the Eastern variants (American). I've always been interested in the groundhogs, even if their COGs are "off". They are all fun to shoot, and I've devoted quite a bit of time doing that. I have yet to shoot one out of a tree, although I know they climb them often enough. I've seen them sunning themselves on top of fenceposts a time or two, but they bailed quicker than I could get them shot. Groundhogs are fun.
All nice and fine, but will you be careful with their nutsacks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back