Your PC Specs...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Pong

Staff Sergeant
Sep 2, 2007
Manila, Philippines
I run PF on a 64mb video card, 448mb of RAM, 1.4 GHZ on the motherboard and 1.74GB of hard disk space. Yet it still runs great even on high settings, just have to put up with messages of "Low on virtual memory" that pops up while I'm flying campaign missions.

What are your PC specifications when running IL-2?

-Arlo

I have two machines for gaming, one is my "Legacy" gamer, and my newer one.

My Legacy gamer has an Intel VC820 Motherboard with a Pentium III Coppermine 1Ghz socket 370 processor on a Slot1 conversion board. It has 512Mb of RDRAM and a nVidia FX5200 AGP with 128Mb and 4 Hard Drives, the games running from the D: drive to free up system seek times on the C: drive. The OS is Windows 98SE and I can run IL-2 1946, but it's slow and not worth it. Otherwise I can run all the Legacy games/sims from the late 80's onwards. Just about all the games/sims are set to maximum (except IL-2 1946)...

My newer gamer has a MSI MS-6558G motherboard with a Pentium 4 Northwood 2.4GHz socket 478 processor. It has 2 Gb of SDRAM and an ATI X1650 AGP Pro video with 512Mb DDR3 and 2 Hard Drives. All the games also run off the D: drive to free up the seek time on the C: drive. This machine has XP Pro for the OS, and I have a number of the more recent games/sims onboard. All the games/sims on this machine are set to thier maximum as well.

By the way, if you're running low on Virtual Memory, you can either increase the VM in your system's settings (as long as you have enough room on your current HDD), or you can add a second Hard Drive and allocate the VM to it's own partition.

If you're running low on VM, I suggest buying more RAM. VM uses the harddrive and it's kinda slow.

I have an Intel Core Duo 6300 (2x1.67 GHz) with 2 Gb Ram and a Geforce 7600 Videocard. I use Ubuntu Linux as OS running Il2 from Wine. Works great and I feel like it's better performing under Linux than with my old Vista setup. This is probably due to the lack of Virus scanning (not necessary in Linux) and the low resource firewall. Only complain I have is that my Force feedback doesn't work in 9.04 Ubuntu. It's possible to install but not very easy.

BIOSTAR Motherboard
VisionTek Radeon 512MB Video Card
Two Western Digital Caviar 500GB Hard Drives
Patriot Extreme Performance 4GB(4 x 1GB)memory sticks
AMD Phenom 9500 Quad-Core Processor

Thanks for the tips, guys.

Me and my older sister (Which also uses this PC) are considering getting more RAM, possibly a new hard drive and a bigger video card, since this PC has been around for two years and is already outdated by today's standards.

-Arlo

I've come to find that a dedicated PC for gaming is about the best way to go. I know that most folks (like myself) are on a bugdet, but if you keep a decent machine for email and surfing the internet and one just for stuff like gaming, messing with graphics and perhaps music, you just can't go wrong.

My gamers rarely ever open a browser, and both don't even have an email program onboard. The internet cache on them is empty, and nothing running in the background except the bare essentials. They are like race cars, nothing but body and engine :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back