Your 'What if?' Builds.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep. They're a bit slow, those Roman builders. I mean, just look at that football stadium, what's it called, The Collisseum? I believe they had Biggus Brickus on the job, and it aint even finished yet! Lazy sods!!

Well I decided this P-40B isn't getting my IAC decals, so it's a USAAF crate now! I suppose it is a what-if, what if the pilot painted the spinner red instead of yellow!

SL380061.jpg

SL380062.jpg

I've painted the undercarraige and added brake-lines made from stretched sprue. Also did a bit of paint chipping. And I reckon she needs a sharkmouth too.

:thumbright:

Also I thought you might be interested in that. It is not my Wurger but I have found it somewhere in the net when surffing through. It is said it was captured FW190A at Mirosławiec airbase at the WW2 end.There is no farther info about its using by PAF.

Attachments

• 44.jpg
    44.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Nice Wojtek! Looks good with PAF markings! 8)

My P-40B has a sharkmouth now, decal is from the Academy P-40C AVG kit. I cut the top off the eye to make it look a bit angrier :D

SL380071.jpg

I tore the decal a bit, i'll touch it up with a bit of white paint later.

I have my eye on a Trumpeter P-40B on ebay, I think I'll use the IAC decals on that if I win it.

Last edited:
Looking nice Keith, and I like the paint wear effects.
I like the FW in PAF markings Wojtek, any info on the actual aircraft, or is it a 'What if'?

Cheers fellas :D

Haven't got much done on her today, I had to wait for the decal fluid to work, I had just slapped some Klear down where the decals were, but I gave the whole thing a lick when the decals had sat down. I've just given her a flat coat, going to weather it with pastels tomorrow and finish painting the canopy.

tigershark.jpg

You can have your spitfires or mustangs, give me a P-40 any day!! 8)

Last edited:
Looking great Keith. I agree, there's something about the P40 that's catching - I'd rather be in a P51 or Spit in a fight though!
Wonder what a P40 would look like overall glossy black, with a cream coloured cheat line and Guinness labels as roundels - and with the Guinness harp on the fin!!??!!

Cheer Wayne :D

Put some gun exhaust stains with pastels today, got the windscreen and side windows on. Also tried something new, I post shaded along the panel lines where the decals are with Tamiya Smoke (X-19). Also gave the whole thing a dusting with diluted Tamiya Buff (XF-57). Need to finish painting the rest of the canopy and stick on all the fiddly bits, including the 3 aerial wires, not looking forward to that! Plus I'll add some oil stains around the engine.

SL380089.jpg

(I don't know why I'm posting this in the What-if thread! I'll post a finished pic of it tomorrow or saturday. My next build on this thread will be an Irish Air Corps P-40B!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back