Your Wild Life Photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Caught an Alligator lizard being all sneaky - he held real still so I couldn't see him.
Since he was trying real hard to be invisible, we can't see him in this photo.

But *if* we did see him, he would be about 8 inches long (20cm).

20220629_192526.jpg

(image source: there is no image, this photo doesn't exist)

My first daughter & her husband are veterinarians and were taught that cats & dogs can only see in black & white. I relayed to them an incident I watched between the typical southern lizard which changes colors to fit his background. Our cat had spotted the lizard and the lizard jumped into a plant, turned green and the cat couldn't see him, although very close. When the cat began hitting the plant to make the lizard move, he jumped to another plant with brown stems and turned brown. Again no joy for the cat. Eventually, the lizard made a break for the house, ran up the bricks, found a black spot, turned black and lived. Two questions for my offspring. Why could the cat see the color change, and why could the lizard see what color to change? Maybe invisible paint?

My first daughter & her husband are veterinarians and were taught that cats & dogs can only see in black & white. I relayed to them an incident I watched between the typical southern lizard which changes colors to fit his background. Our cat had spotted the lizard and the lizard jumped into a plant, turned green and the cat couldn't see him, although very close. When the cat began hitting the plant to make the lizard move, he jumped to another plant with brown stems and turned brown. Again no joy for the cat. Eventually, the lizard made a break for the house, ran up the bricks, found a black spot, turned black and lived. Two questions for my offspring. Why could the cat see the color change, and why could the lizard see what color to change? Maybe invisible paint?
A: Do you know how to stun a cameleon?

B: No!

A: put him on a color pencil box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back