Zvevda 1/48th Lavochkin La 5FN

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

backtothewind

Banned
Oct 17, 2008
Well finally finished the model after much trail and tribulation in fitting everything in.

012.jpg

Finished almost out of the box with just a little extra cockpit detail, seatbelts, levers, etc.
Painted using White Ensign Paints, they go on easily to dry with a nice satin finish.

P1300076.jpg

This is the first model I have had trouble using "Finish" it would not "wet" the transparent parts and did not cover the decals well, I like to seel the decals with a gloss coat before dirtying up the plane. In the end I just wiped it off. Matt finish is by Miniature Paints and it goes on a treat.
All metal areas were first sprayed with Metal Coat and the dabbed with "Copydex" on a small piece of pan scourer to later be removed with an eraser to give paint chips. I was very pleased how this worked although I think I have overdone it a little.

P1300079.jpg

On the whole I am pleased with the result, first VVS plane I think I have done in this scale.

All metal areas were first sprayed with Metal Coat and the dabbed with "Copydex" on a small piece of pan scourer to later be removed with an eraser to give paint chips. I was very pleased how this worked although I think I have overdone it a little.

On the whole I am pleased with the result, first VVS plane I think I have done in this scale.

Looks brilliant, backtothewind! I don't think you overdid the paint chips - some of those VVS planes were pretty beat up.

Venganza

Thanks guys ............. much appreciated.

It's good taking piccies of a "finished" model 'cus you then see all the bits you haven't finished ............. like the radiator grill !!!!!!!!!! :oops:

Ah well where's the paint brushes:lol:

@ Jgonzalez. Thanks, but rememeber we all just try and do the best with the experience we have. :D

I think you said that was your eight model ..................... I started when I was about 10 years old ......................... hate to admit it but I'm now 60 :eek: ...................... a lot of models have flown under the bridge since then.

I hope that didn't sound patronising, it wasn't meant to.

@ Jgonzalez. Thanks, but rememeber we all just try and do the best with the experience we have. :D

I think you said that was your eight model ..................... I started when I was about 10 years old ......................... hate to admit it but I'm now 60 :eek: ...................... a lot of models have flown under the bridge since then.

I hope that didn't sound patronising, it wasn't meant to.

Not at all. I'm "just" 32... Still a very good model even for any pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back