1,000,000 FPS slow mo video of bullet impact

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Awesome video. I find videos like this amazing. It amazes me to see what happens in slow motion when 2 objects collide and how the energy is dispersed. I've been watching Lock N Load with R. Lee Ermey, his new show on history Channel incorporates slow motion video of whatever that week's topic is. Watched a episode last week about blades. Showed a samurai sword cutting through a watermelon. It surprised me how much the blade flexed when it struck the melon.

I keep missing the episode.
R. Lee Ermey was great in "Mail Call" and the few episodes of "Lock N' Load" I have seen were great.
I saw previews with the samura sword cutting the watermelon and I was surprise at how much it flexed too.

Wheels

Funny story...a friend of mine and I were in the uniform shop on base (US Navy) buying a new ribbon that our sub had earned. Standing in line waiting to check out, I told him a joke I'd heard the other day: "Why doesn't the Coast Guard have a swim test in bootcamp? Because if the boat sinks, you just wade back to shore." (a play on the nickname "Shallow-Water Sailors" used during inter-service-rivalry insult-o-ramas). We both laughed, but he stopped all of a sudden...looking behind me. I turned around, and yep, there was a Coast Guard officer standing behind me. I started to appologize, but he stopped me, said he'd had a good chuckle, that he hadn't heard that one before. Great guys, those Coasties! And it REALLY ticks me off whenever someone mentions "the four branches of the military". There's five, ya idiots!

I didn't know until a few years back that they were a part of the Military.
I always assumed that they were an independent organization.
Seeing what the Coast Guard did in Vietnam on the Military Channel opened my eyes a ton.

Those were hilarious Matt.
I knew they had to clean his language up a bit for prime time.

Wheels

Users who are viewing this thread