1,000,000 FPS slow mo video of bullet impact

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Awesome video. I find videos like this amazing. It amazes me to see what happens in slow motion when 2 objects collide and how the energy is dispersed. I've been watching Lock N Load with R. Lee Ermey, his new show on history Channel incorporates slow motion video of whatever that week's topic is. Watched a episode last week about blades. Showed a samurai sword cutting through a watermelon. It surprised me how much the blade flexed when it struck the melon.

:occasion5:

Funny story...a friend of mine and I were in the uniform shop on base (US Navy) buying a new ribbon that our sub had earned. Standing in line waiting to check out, I told him a joke I'd heard the other day: "Why doesn't the Coast Guard have a swim test in bootcamp? Because if the boat sinks, you just wade back to shore." (a play on the nickname "Shallow-Water Sailors" used during inter-service-rivalry insult-o-ramas). We both laughed, but he stopped all of a sudden...looking behind me. I turned around, and yep, there was a Coast Guard officer standing behind me. I started to appologize, but he stopped me, said he'd had a good chuckle, that he hadn't heard that one before. :occasion5: Great guys, those Coasties! And it REALLY ticks me off whenever someone mentions "the four branches of the military". There's five, ya idiots!

I didn't know until a few years back that they were a part of the Military.
I always assumed that they were an independent organization.
Seeing what the Coast Guard did in Vietnam on the Military Channel opened my eyes a ton. :shock:

Those were hilarious Matt. :lol:
I knew they had to clean his language up a bit for prime time.

Wheels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back