1:1 Spitfire K9817 Cockpit Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you all guys, the omments are appreciated. I am sure I can improve the whole thing with practice and there is much better to come. the new video software is incredibe (Corel V3 Pro) and can run three or four video tracs, inserts like the gauges in this one, two or three sound tracks etc, visual effects etc.

Javlin, the frames are a bit annoying on the video but when you fly the sim they are around about where the canopy frames would be anyway and so do not distract. At some time in the future I will run the visuals through three data projectors onto a curved screen but that is for the future...the FRAPS program will capture the forward picture without frames but slows the frame rate down horribly. I'm working on overcomming that too.

Terry, the rear view is YOUR fault!!*G* It is great. I have resized the window a little subsequent to the video to better match the size of the on screen one. Watching con trails stream back from the wingtips in high speed aeros is fun.

Derek, my pleasure.

Glenn, cheers, yes. So far I have only come off "safe" once...a cessna 172 cut me off last night at Busselton..but then I thought "flying a Cessna while I have a Spitfire is punishment enough!" :)

Watch this space.

Darryl

Gary, you b*****d ! I've just tried killing the bl**dy little insect thing I thought was going ape on my monitor screen !
Nice one - I fell for it !!

The latest video guys.....this time just the instruments and the cockpit.

It starts with a general look around, preflight check of the switches, levers etc then moves on to startup, warm up checks (the radiator temp needs to get to 60 or 70 which gives time to check the flaps, adjust the elevator trim and set the Altimeter to airfield height). Next is the preflight mag check, CSU, idle check (very important in the Spitfire, as excessive idle RPM can make it VERY difficult to land) and then, as temps are getting warm, takeoff. The video ends with gear up and set 0 boost 2400 RPM.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFJHBSX9Ps0

Hope you enjoy it. Next will be a video that combines "in cockpit" and "on screen" views.

Ok,

well, I've been AWOL for a while, trying to get real life caught up after nearly 6 straight years of sim building.

Almost handled that, got plans afoot for the Cockpit, which involve some modifications to take her back to Mk I standard, converted for photo recce. I've also been beta testing and when released should have some great new video to put up.

In the interim, I seem to have accidentally acquired (I lothe the festive season but have actually just inherited two shiny new Tamiya 1/32 Spitfires becaue of it...so not all bad....a Mk IX and a Mk VIII.

After seeing John's efforts I am scared stiff to be honest! I think they will be a llloooonnnnngggggg term project.

Also scored a nice little airbrush, so I need to learn that....hopefully more successfully than my previous 1:1 scale efforts..the results of which are only now, 9 or 12 months later, beginning to fade from my garage floor.

lots to show and a million posts here to catch up on.

More soon.

Darryl

Users who are viewing this thread

Back