1/144 Ju-87 Stuka 'After the battle' diorama - Unofficial GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucke.stz

Senior Airman
Apr 21, 2008
Brazil
www.spruemaster.com
Hi Guys,

After to find this pic, I´m planning to buil these scene.

So I have an Eduard Stuka on 1/144 of course ;), and will use it on these another litte project.

AustriaStuka-1.jpg

Let´s to some doubts about the pic.

- This is an "B" Stuka ?

- The camos is from Germans or could be an Italian Stuka ?

- I can´t see any markings under the wings, looks like the markings was overpainted. It´s correct ?

- How could be the roof of the barn ? Metal ? Wood ?

Comments and suggestions are welcome ! :D :D

cheers,

Lucas

Last edited by a moderator:
This is definately a Ju 87D Stuka and camouflage looks like "wave" pattern sometimes used by Luftwaffe Nachtschlatgruppen late in the war. (Note the flame dumpers.) I'm not sure about the under wing markings, though.
As for the roof, your guess is as good as mine, mate... And my guess would be - wood.

Last edited:
THAT will be a cool diorama.. I LOVE dioramas :)

now about the rest..i would say metal roof..the rest i leave for the pro`s :) as i am not that familiar with the Ju 87..if it had been a 88 i could say more..hehe

That is a Ju 87D-3 from NSGr 9. In the book JV44 The Galland Circus, the pic is from Innsbruck-Hotting May 1-5 1945... In another pic in the book, there's a Me 262 sittting just a few feet away.

Thansk to all information and comments !!!

VikingBerserker, this is only for Jedis ! :shock: I´m only a young Padawan :D

That is a Ju 87D-3 from NSGr 9. In the book JV44 The Galland Circus, the pic is from Innsbruck-Hotting May 1-5 1945... In another pic in the book, there's a Me 262 sittting just a few feet away.

So usefull information !!! many thanks Lucky !!! :D:D

Innsbruck is on Austria right ? So the roof of the barn could be of wood...

Some sugestions ???

Thanks to all to help-me...

cheers,

Lucas

Hi Lucas, Ive seen another shot I beleive of this aircraft and the barn, Closer up if I remember right. Will see if I can dig it up

Found them, from the book Ghost Bombers by Nick Beale, Hope they help.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 658
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 593
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 609
Thanks guys, Im not surprised Wayne about the picture, one thing I have not figured out. So many people claiming copy right over on a picture and its excactly the same in multiple books yet the source is almost always different. While researching Peggy Lou I found the exact same picture in three different sources and all labeled differently as to source.

Wow !:shock::shock:

Great stuff Paul ! So usefull to me :D :D I helps a lot about the barn and the model.. Thanks a lot :thumbleft:

Wayne, I guess the roof it wood too. I think that if tis was metal, could be some "shine" on the pics....

Last edited:
Wow !:shock::shock:

Great stuff Paul ! So usefull to me :D :D I helps a lot about the barn and the model.. Thanks a lot :thumbleft:

Wayne, I guess the roof it wood too. I think that if tis was metal, could be some "shine" on the pics....

Your welcome Lucas and I would have to concure the roof is wood :D

Note though these are different pictures of the same barn and aircraft at different times. The bottom one is missing the left side of the barn as if they opened it up to let more light in.

Last edited:
I agree with you Paul... these pics are from different times....

About the Stuka, seens like it is an D-7 and not an D-3 version, these flame dumpers, was used on night versions, and by the books that I see, this was not used on D-3 versions.

About the camo, I think that it could be some like this:, some suggestions guys ??

thanks to help-me !

Attachments

• 2_47.jpg
    2_47.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 409
Last edited:
Lucas, I beleive your paint scheme would actually be closer to this one. Source is the same book as mentioned before.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 494

Users who are viewing this thread

Back