1/16th scale Tiger 1 Ausf. E.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks chaps !
Still got more work to do on the camouflage of the tunic, as well as the insignia, before moving on to the trousers, then the facial features.

Done a bit more to Oberscharfuher Klaus von Kleinetanken, with the tunic camouflage finished and shaded, the decorations started (except the tankers metal badge) but not yet 'tidied', cap and cap badge painted, shirt collar and throat mic painted as well as the trousers, and the face and hands are done.
Still got to finish the medals etc, and paint the belt and holster, and the belt buckle, then improve the shape of the hands and re-paint them.
Once that's done, the radio headset, which is provided with the figure, will have the headband removed, and replaced with a length of thin metal cut from a PE fret, and wiring added, before being fixed in place on Klaus's head, and the wires connected to the control switch-box on his chest.

Tiger mods 241.JPG
Tiger mods 243.JPG

Thanks chaps.
I wanted to pl... - er, 'test drive' the Tiger over the holiday, but I need new batteries for the transmitter, and, being Christmas, when i went to get some, the ques at the check-out were yards long, so I binned that idea, until after the 'silly season'.

Thanks Wayne and Wojtek.
It's not as good as I'd like it to be - paint kept drying too quickly on the flesh tones - but it'll do for on the top of the tank.

Wow !!, I imagine Mr. Oberscharfuher Klaus von Kleinetanken. It looks like in his best times !!

Very good work on it so far. I really like his "jacket"
Congratulations Terry and I am attentive to the follow up.

Un fuerte abrazo mi amigo-profesor :thumbup:

Thanks chaps.
I've improved the shape of the hands, and just need to re-paint them, then give the figure a matt clear coat, before painting the belt, belt buckle and the metal badges.
Might get some more done in the next day or two.

Thanks chaps.
I wanted to pl... - er, 'test drive' the Tiger over the holiday, but I need new batteries for the transmitter, and, being Christmas, when i went to get some, the ques at the check-out were yards long, so I binned that idea, until after the 'silly season'.
Quick way to clear checkout lines during the silly season, without getting arrested, is to loudly say "Did you see the 80% off specials they just put up in Electronics!" The line clears almost instantly.

View attachment 361490

I don't know Terry... Kind of looks like you took one too many shortcuts.
Nice wash effects on the chassis, looks ultra realistic for weathering!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back