1/16th scale Tiger 1 Ausf. E.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks my friend.
No more to be done now until I get back at the end of next week. Just finished packing the 'Tin Tent', and about to set off. I was going to take the Tiger with me, but I have enough kit on board as it is, and it would be a bit of a problem shuffling everything around by myself.'
See' you all next week !

That looks like such a fun toy, errr. scale representation. The working features sound very interesting. You should shoot a video!

Now that I've caught up with everything since being away, I'm about to get back to work on the Tiger, and finish the weathering, and add the white metal mg mount temporarily - I'll try to make a more accurate one at a later date.
The white metal cupola came with the mount, and, for some strange reason, a fairly crude (for this large scale) representation of a MG42, as shown below. This weapon was not used on the Tiger, or other tanks, as the hull MG34 was dismounted from the ball socket and mounted on the cupola for AA use.
I also want to improve and paint the Commander figure supplied with the tank, and I might purchase another, to modify into a different pose, for the loader's hatch, both to be used only for static display.
All being well, I'm hoping to get 'out and about' locally in the 'Tin Tent' in the next couple of days, or over the coming weekend, which is a Public Holiday here in the UK, and I'll be taking the Tiger with me this time, to try it out on real terrain, so I'll try to get some video footage of it if possible.
Pics and / or video as soon as i get it done.

Buys 445.JPG
Tiger mods 101.JPG

Thanks again chaps.

Well, I did try to get some video footage, but it wasn't really possible to operate the tank, and the camera, at the same time, even with the camera on a mini-tripod. I'll have another go when there's someone around to operate the camera.

I've started work on the commander figure, which will be mounted for static display, probably with another figure, suitably modified, for the loader's hatch.
The rather heavy moulding seams have been removed, and the joints around the movable arms have been filled and blended-in to the body.

PIC 1. The figure is finished in matt black overall, and the areas where the mould seams were can be clearly seen.
PICS 2 to 4. The movable arms have been set in position to correspond with the mg mount around the cupola, and glued with CA adhesive. The prominent joints were then filled with 'Milliput', roughly sculpted to blend-in with the tunic, and these areas will be lightly sanded when fully set. A pistol holster has been added, again using 'Milliput', and this will be sculpted to a more accurate shape once set.

The painting stage is next, with the trousers in the Panzer uniform black, and the tunic in the 'pea' pattern camouflage used by SS Panzer units, with a black Feldmutze. A pair of headphones are supplied with the figure and, once it is painted, these will be improved, have wires added, and fitted to the head.
More soon.

Tiger mods 225.JPG
Tiger mods 226.JPG
Tiger mods 227.JPG
Tiger mods 228.JPG

Thanks chaps.
Didn't get any more done today, as intended, as I seemed to have my 'sleepy head' on, and spent most of the day asleep !
Hopefully, I'll get the first stages of painting done some time tomorrow - or later today, having just noticed the time !

First painting stage has been completed, with the base colour for the tunic. This has been painted lighter than the original, in order to allow for the 'overlay' of the other colours, and should appear darker when all the colours have been added.

PICS 1 and 2. How it looks so far, with the paint still wet.
PIC 3. What I'm aiming for - quite a challenge in this large scale, compared to 1/35th scale, as the 'pattern' needs to be more defined in the larger scale.

Next stage is to add the darker patches of green and brown, before painting the individual 'pea' colour spots.
More soon.

Tiger mods 229.JPG
Tiger mods 230.JPG
Clipboard01.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back