1/24 mossie

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here,s some more pics guys as you can see this is a big beast the ruler in the pic is a foot long so that gives you a bit of an idea of the amount of space you would need to build and display this beauty.BB:D
left side.jpg

right side.jpg

rear1.jpg

body 1.jpg

body2.jpg

backwall.jpg
P.S i still have to do the compass face in the lower left of the cockpit.

Bl**dy marvellous! If it's not too late, and you can reach in to do it, the knobs on the throttle levers were yellow, not red, with the pitch and mixture in red. It might say red in the instructions, and some B&W pics make them look red due to tones, but believe me, they were yellow, covered in a glossy rubber-like material.
Looking forward to the next installment mate, it's coming on very nicely.

Got a lot more Mossie info when you need it Evan, both from first-hand experience and my own pics, and from first-hand info from ex- Mossie crews.

Thanks Terry i have just looked at the mossie walk around book and yes you are right the throttles are yellow and should not prove to much hassel to get too the.lever on the front centre of the dash is red and operates the landing gear and bomb bay doors thanks guys for the comments.i still have a hell of a long way to go with this baby any info you guys have will be gratefully recieved.BB

You're welcome BB. If you get stuck on any details, just ask. Unfortunately, the bulk of my own pics are transparencies, so I can't scan them (until I eventually get the transparency scannerIi ordered!), but I can at least refer to them, and also dig into my memory and notes!
I'm fortunate to have been in the now lost BAe Mossie a coupe of times, and the B35 which went to the US, and also have some info from ex- Mosquito aircrew logged away - useful stuff.

Here are a few more pics as you can see the wing section is almost an one piece affair just like the real thing its also very rigid .BB:D
wing1.jpg

wing2.jpg

nose1.jpg

big1.jpg

Its a real tight fit Wayne i don,t think i will need much filler if any at all once iv,e installed the rads i then start the fun part the merlin engines i think these will be great fun to do as the detail is the best iv,seen from airfix these are up there with the tamiya 1/32 spits engine .BB

Its a real tight fit Wayne i don,t think i will need much filler if any at all once iv,e installed the rads i then start the fun part the merlin engines i think these will be great fun to do as the detail is the best iv,seen from airfix these are up there with the tamiya 1/32 spits engine .BB

Hope it goes well!

Hi guys soory for the delay in pics but are monitor went phut and died on us i will post some more soon .BB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back