1/32 Avenger I JZ114 848 Sq FAA - Heavy Hitters II GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

User Name: Catch22
Name: Cory
Category: Intermediate
Kit: Trumpeter TBF-1C
Scale: 1/32
Accessories: Eagle Strike Decals, Eduard Masks as the canopy is a nightmare, Eduard belts, and Squadron Vacform B-29 bubbles to replace the windows in the sides.

This one's a beast. It flew off of HMS Formidable in 1945, bombing Japanese oil fields and other ground targets. I've determined that this is indeed a Grumman built TBF-1C, so the colours will be normal FAA colours and not the American equivalents. I don't have any actual photos of this aircraft, but from other pictures of Pacific Fleet Avengers they actually look pretty clean. I've never used vacform before, so that will be a bit of an adventure. It's not a complicated one though, so I should be ok. I'll also be stealing the spare seat from my Tamiya P-51 kit for the fourth seat in FAA Avengers. Complicated model, but I haven't heard anything negative about it as long as you follow the instructions. The biggest problem for me will be where to put it! You can fold the wings but I'm not sure if I want to do that. That's TBD I suppose.

9_4_b1.jpg

Good one Cory. Rather than spoil the Tamiya Mustang kit, I have a couple of basic seats I can send, which you could 'enhance' as required, if you want them?

Almost two feet wide Karl! :shock:

Thanks for the pic Geo, that's great. I couldn't find any oddly, maybe my googling was off the other day.

Thank you for the offer Terry, but it's the kit I built for the Foreign Service GB, so the seat I needed for the Mustang itself is already in it, so this one's in the spares bin.

OK Cory, no problem. Like Geo, I have some detail info left over from my PTO GB Avenger, and full colour information for what was painted in what colour etc.

Holey moley............ takin on a real project there matey...
I got to ride in one-o-them years ago. You could throw a party inside that monster.

Thanks guys! I'm looking forward to getting started. It will be enormous, as you guys say! I saw one flying a year ago Vic, and it's somewhat comical watching it attempt to take off. It went up immediately after a Helldiver and it really looked like it had hard time getting off the ground.

I'll find that info and get it to you when I can Cory. Got a trapped nerve in the neck giving me blinding headaches at the moment - on top of the other pains - so staying in a dark room most of the time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back