1/32 Hasegawa Fw 190D-9 "Black One" (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It is inspiring of the way in which you approach and solve the minimum errors. (totally agree with Kirby and the other colleagues) :salute:

Wow !, ... patience and dedication is just a sample of your wonderful models.
My regards John and your threads are a complete manual in the art of modeling. :notworthy:
I also, like Kirby, I realized that little detail ... :-k
Kirby: " If I may be so bold as to suggest one further simple repair while you are at it, the masking of the black waistband has not quite overlapped on the starboard side - once I noticed it I could not stop looking at it! Should be a simple fix."

This formidable 190D-9 deserves the correction and his top modeller author, I do not think I let it happen.

The special thing about this forum is that you have several expert eyes and the willingness to contribute help to do a better job ... I very much appreciate that, during the process of my models. Thank you.

Saludos y mi admiración Maestro. :thumbup:

Thanks so much for the comments guys! Kirby... you're comments are well received. Believe it or not, I noticed the continuity error in the black band on the upper starboard side yesterday and corrected it. It's funny but there is a note in Crandall's book about the sloppiness of marking changes in the field but I don't like to attempt to model them because they look like sloppy modeling.

I've cut the black for the cross markings but not the white. Instead, I've relied on pre-shading to cut back on the contrast of the white. I reckon the weathering stage will knock back the markings a little bit more.

The Montex Masks are not perfect but I like how they work. I'm sure they would be quite fiddly if the mask is complex but I don't see how you could reduce stretch without losing flexibility. As a masking medium, I prefer the kabuki tape but the transparency of the Montex vinyl is a great advantage in placement.

I had a long weekend and was able to get a lot of work done on Black 1. But I've got a 2.5 day tuna trip looming this weekend so another break in the modeling action is in the forecast.

A short update from yesterday... I've started the decal work. So far I have done most of the port side.

IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

John,
About half way thru one of your other Dora threads from 2016. In it, you mentioned being finished with a Ta152. Is there a thread for it? I have both the HAS Dora and ZM Ta152 and trying to decide which will be by next project. I absolutely love your Yellow 11 Dora!

Stephen

Thanks for comments guys! Another break in the action as I'll be fishing this whole weekend starting tonight. Stephen Craig... welcome to the site and thank you in your interest in my builds. Being passionate about Doras, I put a lot of effort into Yellow 11 but I've been able to add a bit more to this one. Still in the middle of it but hopefully it turns out well! I hope you like my Ta152H-1 build but it is in 1/48, not 1/32.

Thanks for the welcome John. Your Yellow 11 has been an inspiration to me, and my next project will probably be this plane, hoping I can at least come close to your stunning work. I am about 2/3 thru the Ta152 thread. Even though it was 1/48, I believe your thread would still apply to the 1/32 one. Your descriptions with the build (and the issues with the fit) have helped me decide between the two, with me heavily leaning toward the Dora right now.

Thanks again for your great build threads.

Stephen

I agree with everyone about your progress John.

Interesting projects Stephen, welcome and I hope you show us these advances.

Saludos compadres :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back