1/32 P-35 - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I know this isn't the place, but, I am going to a hobby store tomorrow. The first time in over a year! I live a long way back in the hills, and it is difficult to get to one. I'm making a list of supplies,(paint mostly) but may come up with another favorite aircraft of all time.

Great American Hobbies in Asheville N.C. is a nice Mom Pop style store. They had a wide variety of kits thrown together in a lovely, almost organized, fashion.
I was pleased to find a piece of my youth, a Monogram 1/48 P-80, new issue decals. As I am "on hold" with the P-35 until I hear back from T-bolt, (Thanks again!) I will see if I can knock this one out this weekend.

Yeah, I restrained myself. Wasn't easy, but as my better half pointed out, paint was the main focus. I've been running low on some basics. I saw a 1/48 B-24 j that looked sweet, but I lack the display area. I have most of my bigger aircraft (Two 29's two 17's and one each 24, 25 26) in storage.
Of course, next time I go there, I will probably go by myself...

yes, but next time you will still have to run the gauntlet of getting past the better half with the new models you have your eye on.....:D

better still wait till she is not there it will be easier....

yes, but next time you will still have to run the gauntlet of getting past the better half with the new models you have your eye on.....:D

better still wait till she is not there it will be easier....

I usually time it when there is a public audience, show the goods or announce the order…………….never a moan is heard.

Shush now…………it's our secret.

Thank You Glenn!!!:notworthy: Great shots covering all the points that I wanted, including the 'pit, I believe!
It appears to be NMF to me. What do you guys think?

No problem, Glad I could help.
I did a little surfing on the net and came up with a series of pictures of the same P-35 taken some time ago when it had different markings.
http://www.ipmstoronto.com/articles/aircraft/p35/Index.htm
The cockpit pictures show chromite green, but this might not be original. I also found this period picture which shows natural metal, so I think either way would be OK.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 70
Yes, those are the reference photos that I have been using on the build. (Thanks for posting link) My research showed the zinc for USAAC and NMF for export, but I see no zinc in your shots that feature the canopy interior.
Puzzled, am I.

I don't think my shots are clear enough to show the interior color below the cockpit sill, but it does look like the inside of the canopy frame is aluminum. That aircraft in the link is the same one in my pictures. I have pictures of it I took back in the late '80s when it was painted like that, so if your research shows chromite, I'd use that link as a conformation. The inside of the canopy frame could well be NMF so if you just mask off the canopy when you spray the airframe your NMF it will show silver on the inside and match what shows in my picture.

Thanks, I have about exhausted my resources, and realize that you are right. Zinc chromate for the cockpit, NMF for the canopy frames!
Now, with that settled, I will procede.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back