1/32 P-35 - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The P-35 went missing from my work room last night. Not the whole thing, just the port side with the cockpit scratched-in.
Now, there were two options; One, a rotten little chihuahua had climbed up and over several other things to get at that particular thing for her chewing enjoyment, (possible, but unlikely) or
Two, Aliens took it.
This was the explaination offered up by my 6 year old grandson and his side-kick, my 3 year old other grandson.
I found it awhile ago, in the toy box, pretty much destroyed, missing most of the scratched stuff.
I'm not mad, just curious as to why the Aliens left it there.
As a result I am withdrawing the P-35 from this G.B. I may try it again for the 1914-1939 build, but I just don't want to deal with it right now.
I will be installing an "Alien" proof latch high up on the door.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm not wanting to discourage their obvious interest in "Pap-paws" planes.
Just limit the accessability.

There still is some of time to the GB deadline. So you might consider continuation of the build indeed.

One of those situations where you don't know whether to yell or laugh! Maybe you can explain that there are no sweets (candy) this week, as those same aliens stole it all ......

I'm not sure if I want to laugh or cry, it's at times like this when you struggle to keep a level head when inside you just want to go APE. It's sad to hear that you have to drop out though.

I had alien siblings when I was about 13. My uncle was taking a drafting clas in architecture. I found his blueprints for a little house. Around the time I started doing modeling with a neighbor who built wire control planes. I had sticks of balsa 2x4's and was building the house over the plans. Came home one day and it was rubble. Them toe headed aliens got after it. I DIDN"T hold back...............

Some time away from it, and a crooked eye and you will want to repair it...... You Have a cracker job going there, and some egggselllent ref pictures.

I once knew an alien that was masquerading as my brothers best friend back when we were in high school. I was building a Sopwith Pup of my own design out of basswood with real cotton fabric covering, about 3 feet long. The stick and rudder pedals actually moved the tail surfaces. had the fuselage and wings done and was trying to figure out the best way to secure them to the fuselage when this alien and my brother were skateboarding in the basement and the alien fell off his skateboard and landed on my Pup. Nothing left but a tangled mess of sticks, fabric and string
:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back