1:32 scale Lancaster Mk.1 Hachette Partworks

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Really sucks Gerry. Hopefully you can get it sorted out and then see what I can salvage in my "Personal Gallery"

EDIT: Just went to PB and removed all my photos, a simple matter of clicking the download button on the right. Videos have to be downloaded individually.

Last edited:
Long time members here are a bit spoiled I suppose, this is the only forum I belong to that allows direct uploads. But there is no excuse for how PhotoBucket treated it's members. I have no issue with their changing their terms of service, but I have a huge issue with how they implemented the change. Like others I am truly becoming jaded with the decline of corporate responsibility and accountability and the continued drum beat of customer no service that we see daily. It is actually a surprise when I receive good or even adequate service anymore. And that speaks volumes for our societies decline.

Thanks Robert. Your post pretty much mirrors my feelings. I found in the last few years that most of my lifelong "certainties" have been challenged or destroyed, whether in politics, banking, service expectations or just common decency. I don't know whether it's a generational thing but greed reigns and I believe we're all rushing to Hell in a handcart! However all we can do is just grit our remaining teeth and continue.

Luis Carlos, always good to hear from you and your kind thoughts continue to encourage me. And George, thank you for you continued support.

Gerry

Well, here I am again trying to keep this thread active. I've found a new photo hosting site, village.photos which seems to be the preferred option for my fellow IPMS Ireland members who were affected by the Photobucket withdrawal of service. Hope this one doesn't cause me the same problems in the future.

Despite that setback I've been able to make some more progress on the build.

d9195d52-2945-48d8-a5d4-df5aaac4fff2.jpg

I've now managed get the starboard trailing edge positioned (A). The process for this was the same as the port side, with pins needed to fix it securely in position. The inner wings were skinned, starting with the starboard side (B) allowing for the cutout that will continue onto the starboard outer wing. The port section, between the spars, is skinned and the hinged nosing for the air intake is positioned (C).

Then the skinning was continued to the starboard outer wing top.

e2e2521e-2d70-4835-a47a-a69b4fc3c141.jpg

Because of the cutout, this needed to be done in two parts, above the rear spar (here) and below. As you can see, it needed a fair bit of clamping to get good solid adhesion across the wingspan. The steel rulers were again pressed into service to give a constant pressure across all of the skins.

Once dry, the same technique applied to the rear section the following day.

43bac4c4-6f80-4e94-bfd9-69fe513ae11e.jpg

This then left the leading edge of the wing to be added. So here's the finished wing with the clamps removed and the leading edge nosings in place. These came pre-cut and shaped, tops and bottoms, but needed a lot of additional work to get them to follow the curve of the ribs more accurately. The top part of the cowling (black) was dry-fitted to ensure the fits were accurate

8e200179-d003-4715-98e4-35adc3f155b0.jpg

Next, fairings were added to both sides of the two inner engines (A).

75fde8ac-df17-4f84-9f69-7015a50d1f68.jpg

The undercarriage doors should be added at this stage but I fear they'll be easy to damage, so I won't add them until the end of the build.

Finally for this update, the underside of the starboard wing was checked, before the leading edges were added, for a test fit of the cowling.

6cd39084-299f-49b0-8ea4-e34fceda8524.jpg

All the cowling sections, unusually, are supplied in two halves in clear Perspex – the idea being that you could choose to display the engine insides this way, if you choose. As this is the engine that I intend to leave fully exposed, I'll partially cut away a section of this cowling to display the oil tank. The cowlings sides are joined before they're positioned but this is complicated by the fact that, once again, no locator pins and holes are included to ensure perfect matching, so hence the importance of test fits to ensure that the full cowling will be the same width at the join points for the front section.

The lower split flap need reinstating but I now think that it will be easier to install the aileron and full aileron hinge, to both wings, before I do this.

Both outer wings are now fully skinned and almost ready for attaching to the inner wing sections. However, there's filling and sanding necessary before I do this and it will be easier to work on them before they're attached to the fuselage.

We'll leave it there for now. I'm hoping that, before my next post, I'll be able to get some work done on reinstating some of the missing photos from my previous posts, starting with the most recent.

Gerry

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry,

A bit of a technical hitch here. I can't figure why the shots don't show automatically. They're visible when you click the link but not in the text. I'll try and figure it out later.

Gerry

Well done Gerry... :thumbright:

To display attached pictures in the way ( using the URL address ) , you have to replace the " URL" tags with " IMG " ones. I'll edit your post and show you how it should look like. Just give me a while to grab a screen.

Last edited:
You can see the photos by clicking them; If it is correctable that detail to see the photos automatically in your post, perfect, if it were not possible, I'm sure we would give so many clicks were necessary to continue enjoying your progress.

Those cuts on the skin, your explanation and the photographs ... as always, clean and clear. Congratulations. Gerry

Greetings to Ireland, my friend. :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Here you are.. please note the URL tags ( in the first image ) replaced with the IMG ones in the second shot. You may use the small letters for writting .The forum system will change them into capitalic ones automatically while saving or sending a post ( pic3).

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

Last edited:
Many thanks Wurger. I should be able to make that change before I post, next time. It probably would have taken me some time to figure out what the problem was, though!
Slainte,
Gerry

You're welcome. Just feel free to ask ....

A note though ... if you use the hot-links for attaching of pics ( the links are also called URL addresses ) , the forum system always adds the URL tags automatically when you paste a such link ( URL address ) and send a post. Usually these aren't displayed when you try to edit the post. If you want to see better what you write or you edit the post I suggest switching the Post Editor to the BB Code Editor. It can be done when you click the small icon with the wrench at the grey toolbar on the right. In the way you are in the full control of the writting because the entire post is displayed as a text.

pic4.jpg

Last edited:
I've just spent a couple of hours trying to repost the photos on post 1105 via village.photos without success. I expect I'm doing something simple wrong but I can't figure what it is. Even the URL that directed a link doesn't seem to work now.

Here's the link as it comes directly from the host:

http://village.photos/images/user/2...ca24/d9195d52-2945-48d8-a5d4-df5aaac4fff2.jpg

And here's my adding the IMG code as Wurger suggests:

d9195d52-2945-48d8-a5d4-df5aaac4fff2.jpg

These are both the same shot as below, which I have uploaded directly, to prove that will work.

P1090014.jpg

If anyone can figure out why the first two aren't showing I'd be most grateful.

A sheepish Gerry

Last edited by a moderator:
Gerry, I have checked on the reason for both pictures aren't displayed. The issue has been caused by the syntax error of the URL address .Therefore neither the one posted as the hot link with the URL tags nor the one with the IMG ones can be displayed. Not sure but it seems that you had to paste the URL address either using two its parts and merged wrong or the village.photos site generated it incorrectly. However I suspect the first option..

Here is the reason....

url.jpg

BTW. I have edited your post . Now the pic is diplaying properly. A note though.. a such issue can also happen when the source file is corrupted ( damaged ) Then an image can't be displayed because of errors there as well.

Last edited:
Wurger, I bow before your technical expertise! I suspected that it might have been a glitch in the source URL but didn't spot the duplication. I now know what to look out for so I'll have another attempt later. At least I'm now confident that I can continue to post using direct upload.

Once again many thanks for your assistance and time.

Gerry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back