1/32 Spitfire Mk.VIII ‘Bobby’ Gibbs - Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire Marks GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Greek? c'mon Igor....you pulling my leg....:D Aussie Dude!..:D appreciate your comments good sir...

and yours to Geo and Evan!

have only had a little time on this one the past few days, added some lower wing stencils, no pics though...

Sorry Wayne :( they reminded me of "Nella" and the other Greek Spitfires, wasn't paying attention to the roundels :S

While spraying some gloss today grabbed some bits for the Spitty too and did them....the prop blades to seal the decals, the canopy which I had not done previously along with the Undercarriage covers...

Attachments

• 226_Gloss Coat Canopy  Prop_4764.jpg
    226_Gloss Coat Canopy Prop_4764.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 85
I'd forgotten about this one also. I thought maybe it had been buried ..... in Burma!
Looking good Wayne. Don't know if it's possible, or worth doing, but the WW2 'Jablo' -type prop blades had a narrow metal strip (probably brass) on the leading edge, from the tip to the point where the chord of the blade curves in towards the root. The blades themselves were coated in a rubber membrane, painted or coloured black, and the metal strips were also black, but could show slight signs of wear - not to be confused with the incorrect, normally overdone, weathering/chipping on some Spit IX models!
(Most currently airworthy Spits use Hoffman, metal props - from Germany ! These of course don't have the strip, so not very good reference for a wartime model.)
If you want to attempt it let me know, and I'll dig out a close-up pic.

Good shot Andy. Looks like that one has been fitted over the rubber membrane and never painted. This was the usual fitting, but some were painted in matt black, presumably to reduce glint, and the paint of course, did wear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back