1/32 Tamiya Merlin's Magic P-51D Reno dio

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for that.
Both tips done, verrrry close mirror image.
Setting the seats in the cockpit.
Have no idea how the buckets are attached to the backs.
they do not have the diagonal bar on the sides of the bottoms.
I'll have to make something up.
But they are going in nicely.

Thanks guys, I'm playing hooky.
I've joined a group of sign people, about three years ago who get together a couple of times during the year to do general signs and murals around the towns of Eugowra and Portland in NSW. This has been going on for 20 years in Portland and it's a good time had by all. We do little things, and BIG things for each. About 30 or more of us can be there at any one time for three days of fun. Some of us take things home to do and I have been offered to do two sign pamels. The one I am working on now is for Choo Choo Chocolat Bars. I've set up a little paint bench over the last week and have been spending time with the brush and paint. It's been many years since I have done so much lettering, and I am enjoying the time smelling enamel paint. I'm about 2/3's finished with this one. Two more monsters to go.........

I will net back to MM soon tho.
Everyone stay safe!

Stayin in, got all sorts of things to keep me busy.
Come to think of it, not much has changed for this retiree.
Only change is my truck is getting about three weeks to the litre!!!!!

So paint is drying on a panel in the garage,
so I thought I would pick at MM.
Trial ass'y.

Doing a bit more. Some of the panel supports are off during the engine change.

But now I've come across something I cannot find any details for, a Box.
In front of the oil tank and behind the engine.
No idea of it's details so I can make one to fit in.
Anybody? FLYBOYJ maybe?????? I know it's propeller driven, but in the off chance?
Do need details of the box tho......

I'm clueless Bill, never noticed it. It kind of looks like a battery!

Thanks for lookin in and your welcomed comments.
When I start painting it would be a nightmare to mask the open engine area and the fuselage.
So I would rather paint in sections. Since there are no seams in the fuselage, except for the cover in front of the windscreen I will cure that by Removing it.

It's a bit tight when the two halves come together so I put a 0.5mm thin strip to widen it just a bit. I glued these together and cut the panel off with an etched S.S. saw, at a panel line, vertualy no gap.
I'll finish off that seam and paint apart from the fuselage halves, these will all be painted Before final ass'y.
Fuselage is polished aluminum, wings are grey! I can paint the wings apart as well!!!! Now the only seam will be Underneath at the radiator intake scoop. Who's gonna see it?????! It's not a competition build fellas!
So far I'm wingin it!
I'll know what I'm doing by the time I do a stock one of these for the CA Air National Guard, from Hayward CA. These were the first war planes I'd ever seen.....

Users who are viewing this thread