1/32 Tamiya Merlin's Magic P-51D Reno dio

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for keeping tabs....
I'm kinda stuck for continuing on MM as I need some more photos of details so I have sent off an email to Jim with a list of the shots I need.

And I am chomping at the bit to work on #14 and waiting for my decals for the Corsair. But then it's not like I don't have two others to work on, eh?

So I have done some more scratch building. The forklift idea is out the window, my shelf isn't tall enough for it so I have built a little prop stand. Will paint it yellow tomorrow. The tilt is approximate to the angle of the engine in the plane. *Have to add loops for the forklift to pick the stand up!

Attachments

• MM prop stand.jpg
    MM prop stand.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
I'm doing fiddley bits internal.
Gonna be a while before I have anything significant as Jim won't be able to get me the pictures I need til the week of the 4th of July as he lives half the length of California away from the plane.

So I will post the pictures of the finished prop stand.

Attachments

• 1-32 prop stand 2.jpg
    1-32 prop stand 2.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 89
  • 1-32 prop stand1.jpg
    1-32 prop stand1.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Thanks guys I been doin odds n ends. Wheel doors, filling holes and seams in the wings, puttin the ailerons and elevators together, and a bit of detail painting.

I have run across my first "adjustment" for misalignment, unless someone here knows better.

I did a dry fit of the black motor to the frame rails. Attaching instr panel to floor, firewall to that, and attaching the motor, by way of a single screw to the firewall. Seems at the tab on the firewall are two protruding pins. Doesn't mention anything about removing them, so I dint! However, if I don't, the engine has a real up attitude, that I don't think belongs there. I have added an arrow to show the distance from motor mount on the frame, to the lug on the engine........

Perplexing, I guess I must remove the pins?

Attachments

• 1-32 engime allign 1.jpg
    1-32 engime allign 1.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 91
  • 1-32 engime allign 2.jpg
    1-32 engime allign 2.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 82
  • 1-32 engime allign 3.jpg
    1-32 engime allign 3.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 1-32 engime allign 4.jpg
    1-32 engime allign 4.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 98
  • 1-32 engime allign 5.jpg
    1-32 engime allign 5.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 85
An adjustment would seem appropriate. With a detail like that, it would take only a very slight inaccuracy of those pins to through out the engine alignment quite a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back