1/32 Tamiya P-51D MUSTANG (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

woody

Master Sergeant
Jan 17, 2011
IL.
Well here we go this build will be slow going as I will be doing most of the work at the model meetings. I would like to do this in RAF markings I have not ordered
any decals yet I will be getting resin tires and wheels, I already have the barracuda placards for the cockpit. One question what would the cockpit color be.

001_zps8dc48f79.jpg

Mustang Mk.IV/IVa

The cockpit interior - US Interior Green (FS34151) - ANA 611

Exceptions :
- Indicator panel - black
- Pilot's seat - US Medium Green (FS 34092) - ANA 612
- The cockpit floor - it was not painted if made of metal or painted with the ANA 612 if was wooden.

Last edited:
This should cover all you need for colours, finishes etc.
Have you decided which Squadron scheme you'll be finishing it in?

Attachments

• Mustang IV info..jpg
    Mustang IV info..jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 577
Great info Terry(finally learning to copy this stuff for future reference) Am I to assume stations 101-184 are the cockpit area? Awaiting the build Jerry and feel free to ask if you need any detail shots.

Geo

Geo, I believe it's the area immediately behind the cockpit, where the radio rack sits above the fuselage fuel tank, plus the cockpit itself. Note the 'Exceptions', where areas not normally visible do not require a finish coat.
Also, note the specification for the main gear bays - something I've repeated here numerous times, and been ignored.

Hey, Jerry,
I am glad to see this started. I have one of these on the shelf. I am really looking forward to watching this build.
Dale

Thanks guys for the input Terry I ordered Xtradecal XK32043 sheet I will be doing KH655/QV-P of no.19 squadron RAF peterhead early 1945.

XK32043-1_zpsff190e45.jpg

Well got a start on the engine.

029_zps0c1677a0.jpg

The cylinders are just sitting in place not glued yet.

020_zpsd820dbec.jpg

Great info Terry(finally learning to copy this stuff for future reference) Am I to assume stations 101-184 are the cockpit area? Awaiting the build Jerry and feel free to ask if you need any detail shots.

Geo

Thanks Geo any cockpit pics would be great.

Thanks guys, Geo thanks for the links. Well I got a start on the supercharger it had a few little subs here they are.

002_zps5311d68b.jpg

005_zpsee7c7882.jpg

004_zpsd6b0853e.jpg

003_zps3aed6122.jpg

006_zps1ee9b716.jpg

007_zps1dfefaed.jpg

Good stuff. There's also a 360 degree panoramic view of the cockpit on the forum somewhere. By tread pattern, did you mean the main wheel tyres? If so, in the ETO they were normally 'diamond' pattern, although the block tread, rather like a lozenge pattern, was also seen later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back