1/32 Tamiya P-51D MUSTANG (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys, looking for more info about the BC1206 beacon receiver and the gunsight K-14 gyro or the n-9 optical thanks for the help.

The K-14 started to come into use in late 1944, going to P-51 units first I believe. What sort of info do you need Jerry?

Thanks Terry, so the k-14 would have been used in this aircraft and what about the bc1206 beacon receiver.

Oops! My apologies - I forgot, it's a RAF aircraft !
It wouldn't have the K-14 sight, or the N-9. It would be fitted with the sight the K-14 was derived from, the British GSGS MkII, in service from late 1943. Basically, the K-14 looks almost identical, but the 'crash-pad' on the front of the British sight was rectangular, rather than curved.
I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the 'beacon' you mention - can you provide a bit more info, or a pic?

Thanks guys, I got the engine done and working on the I.P. I got the Barracudacals cockpit stencils trying to apply the ones on the I.P. they are small and very trying.

Terry the bc1206 beacon receiver would not have been used in this aircraft from what I have read.

Well still haven't gotten the decals but starting back on this one getting the cockpit parts ready for paint. I have been working on to many
tanks.

002.JPG

003.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back