1/48 Accurate Miniatures B-25B

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good info. What's the "passing light" beside the landing light on the port side?
It was a built-in light as part of the left-hand landing light. As per B-25C/D Service Manual it's a B-3 type light (don't know exactly what type is this; the landing lights are type A-9).
Can be seen on the photo below and on earlier a/cs as well.
90Wko3G.jpg

Passing lights, in red, were additional to the nav lamps, to aid in identification of the port side of the aircraft, allowing head-on traffic to pass on the correct side.

That is great info. Thanks for sharing it. Does anyone know if the passing light is also used on other aircraft?

The Accurate Miniatures 1/48 B-25B representing the "Ruptured Duck" is now complete! It has been mounted to the deck and tied down. I used Berkley 50lbs test braided fishing line to simulate the ropes. Then I used two tweezers to make the knots. Finally they were then painted with Tamiya Buff (XF57). Once it was mounted I used EZ-Line to rig the antenna lines. Aside from the issue with the decals I really liked this build. The kit is well detailed and the fit was very good. It now sits on the display shelf while I decide what the next build will be.

Build log with all the photos from start to finish; 1/48 B-25B "Doolittle Raider"

dscn1288.jpg

dscn1289.jpg

dscn1294.jpg

dscn1299.jpg

dscn1291.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back