1/48 Airfix Hawker Hurricane Mk1

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

well dad is feeling a bit better after his last bought of cancer treatment so i thought i would try and get a life back and revisit the hurricane which was looking a bit sad on the workbench

had a few goes with the airbrush ( 1st time user ) and then run over the underside with tamiya sky.

think i have some to learn about getting the thinning right but it already looks better than if i had brushed it

more pics to follow soon

... One other way I like to get excess paint off glazed parts is to rub it off with an ordinary toothpick. No mess, no fuss and should work with acrylics, although they may be prone to chipping aay from areas you wanted to leave painted.

Bit delayed responding to this, but wanted to add that I use any sharp wooden edge for rubbing overlapped paint (acrylic) off the frame edges of a canopy glazed part, as it grips the paint and rubs it off but without scratched the glazing material underneath at all (as a sharp metal instrument would), as the exposed glazing will of course now be visible. The wooden edge can be run up and down each canopy frame edge to make nice neat edges all over the canopy. I use those wooden stirring sticks you get from coffee shops, just cut at an angle to create an nice sharp angled 'chisel' edge on the wood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back