>> 1/48 Avro Anson MkI - Prototype / Weird Aircraft / Trainers

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You're welcome Glenn - hope they prove useful, even if just for the odd bit here and there.
I'm not going to to the airshow at Duxford at the end of this month, as I'll be setting off to deliver the 46 Sqn models and then meet-up with Karl for our trip to Holland.
But, I will be calling in when I get back, visiting on June 8th, before going over to Norfolk, so if there are any specific detail shots you think you both might need, let me know before Wednesday, 31st May, and I'll use my DSLRs to get some better pics.

And just for the heck of it, here are two reference pics I took of the Anson being restored at our Nanton museum on May 6:

17050601 Reduced.jpg
17050602 Reduced.jpg

A modest start. The kit is multi-media with styrene, resin and PE parts. The cockpit floor is styrene and the sidewalls and structure are resin. The delicate tubing took quite a bit of scraping and filing to clean off the excess resin and I did manage to break one despite trying to be very careful. A coat of primer has been applied to allow painting with Tamiya colours though I ran out before I took the second pic.

17061401.jpg
17061402.jpg

Thanks Michael.

Mike, it was me who was not clear. The sidewalls including the tubular frames are all one piece and the resin that I had to remove consisted of a very thin layer between the tubes.

Nice subject Andy but a question was this a plane that only hand few were ever built?I saw some doc series from The Rock(UK) awhile back and only one plane remains today.The planes were used alot to move dignitaries/officers about.

On the contrary there were over 11000 built and there are certainly more than one left. Perhaps you mean one flying example done up in RAF colours.

That detail brings this model, looks great and in your hands safely is extraordinary

Users who are viewing this thread

Back