1/48 B-25J Mitchell - Aircraft Nose Art GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Man this thing is really well done. 99% perfect fit except for this area where the nacelle attaches to wing. I just filled it with poly and it seems to have worked. Next time I will trim down this area and avoid the poly fill.Do you think this pre-shade will have any effect after I hit it with Alclad2? Or should I just paint the whole thing Hu21 enamal

Attachments

• 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    163 KB · Views: 77
  • 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    200.1 KB · Views: 75
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    262.1 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Not too bad at all. But your pictures are too large. You may try to resize them down to the 800 pixels in the width before posting here.

It's OK. I've thought there must have been a reason for that. These pics are of 1600x1200 pixels. Way too large to be displayed on a screen fully.

Just came upon this set back. The clear top canopy piece is mis-molded . I sent a request to Revell for part 102.If they do not, I have requested the parts to make it into a gun nose

Attachments

• 020.JPG
    020.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 74
They have been really good over the yrs. If not maybe someone has one in the spares box

Ya, that really was a piss off,but I have asked Revell for replacements. I looked to see if there was a vac form.No such luck. So what I was thinking was to sand down the part and just make a gun nose and fill that void with Milliput. Well?

Several makes of replacement tires available if you want to go that route. If you have 4 more to build, you could use one of those in the mean time or use one to make a vac-form copy. Looking good by the way.

Geo

Well, I have started a back-up as well The J will be nmf and the H will be od. I am going to use the wheels from the h on the j as the h will be in flight. I took the clear part that was pooched,and replaced it from one of the other ones that I have until the replacement gets here from Revell. This is where I am at now.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG