**** FINISHED: 1/72 B-25H1 - Aircraft Nose Art GB. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

destrozas

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 12, 2010
User Name: destrozas
Name: sergio
Category: intermediate
Entry:Mitchell B-25 H1, Faggio, Italy 1943
kit: hasewaga # E-17 1/72 B-25 H
Accesories: scracth details interiors

Little history:

the b- 25h was the improved version of the b- 25g which demonstrated their great projection in the seas of the Pacific, but also demonstrated its shortcomings , which led to the manufacture of 1000 units of b- 25h , had very obvious modifications and more difiiles ottras of view were engined with P W R -2600 13 , of 1700 hp at full capacity.

armed with a 75 mm light gun T13E1 and 14 12.7 mm machine guns . to lighten the weight of the apparatus and its unnecessary service the position of gunner / bomber and the passenger that was converted into the navigator / gunner, radio- telegraph was taken to the "back " after the hold of weapons , the gunner tail was overhauled , the fuselage was lengthened , and placed a semi automatic guided servo to operate the guns back .

The bombing system utilizing the pilot was integrated into the nose gun camera and viewing by the N2B ( something like a HUD ) that had colocodo on the control panel , the flight instruments and other plates also were redesigned to be use only by a person , whether it was more or less what was the plane , I can devote to give me more precise data as the thickness is first added to the shields but I think it is of very little relevance to delve into data well .

the plane that I do or rather will try to emulate in my attempt to replicate is the 43-4357 , is one of the first b- 25h that operararon on European soil in 1943 came straight from the factory to the base of Faggio , was doing different raits where the adriatic which highlights in the attack on the barracks on the shores Yugoslav Germans in January 1944 as it was his last mission in Europe and was posted to India where ostigo and fatigued the Japanese army from burma , South Chinese, Gulf of bengal but his greatest achievement was in the attack railway bridge near mungdo , near the border with China and India , destroying the train traveling on the bridge where he was the chief of the Japanese army in Burma , the plane survived the war but just its days as scrap.

Photos:

IMG_1720.JPG

IMG_1721.JPG

IMG_1722.JPG

IMG_1723.JPG

IMG_1724.JPG

IMG_1726.JPG

details photos

IMG_1728.JPG

IMG_1727.JPG

IMG_1729.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with all the above, you've done very well on the B-25.....

Just a little tip on the shots,
if you can control the shutter speed, a bit longer exposure and the whole thing will be in fucus.
Kind of like the quicker the camera looks, fast shutter speed, the less it can "See", the longer it looks, slower shutter speed, the more time it has to "look" at the whole picture.

Keep up the good work Sergio!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back