**** DONE: 1/72 B-25H1 - Aircraft Nose Art GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

destrozas

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 12, 2010
User Name: destrozas
Name: sergio
Category: intermeadite
Entry: b-25 h1- #43-4357 Leroy's Joy
Kit: 1/72 hasegawa #E17 B 25 H

3_59.jpg

I'm looking to paint the interior C351 I Gunze brand the green zinc chromate which according think is very similar to FS 34092 - Rlm 70 - Humbrol 117 which is the H302 / h64 Gunze, but it is very dark, for the pictures I think it was the h58 yellow green Gunze, humbrol 151 the closest thing, so, I need to take a help with the issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good one Sergio. From what I've seen, the interior was a mix of Bronze Green, with green ZC, and Interior Green on fittings such as seat frames and brackets etc. Thequilted padding in various areas, such as the cockpit side walls, was a sage green colour, similar to a lightened version of RAF Cockpit Grey Green.
These pics are of the interior of the B-25C 'Grumpy', when it first arrived at Duxford in the late 1980's (now back in the USA in RAF markings), when it was in original interior finish, apart from 'modern' extra seats and instruments etc. Ignore the 'modern' fittings, and look closely at the various areas, and the differences can be seen.
Other photos, including period shots, show similar colours throughout the B-25 series.
Hope these help.

Attachments

• Mitchell 005.jpg
    Mitchell 005.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 302
  • Mitchell 007.jpg
    Mitchell 007.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 275
  • Mitchell 008.jpg
    Mitchell 008.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 306
  • Mitchell 009.jpg
    Mitchell 009.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 283
  • Mitchell 010.jpg
    Mitchell 010.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 289
  • Mitchell 020.jpg
    Mitchell 020.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 300
  • Mitchell 021.jpg
    Mitchell 021.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 348
many thanks, great photos of tremendous help.
I put the photo of box art, and some history.
in 1943 the aircraft is delivered from the factory (from what little I've read) in faggio italy, Was in several operations against barracks adriatic Germans in Yugoslavia, in January 1944 the 12th BG was sent to the Pacific front in india, where to operations over the Gulf of bengal against supply ships and supply lines in Burma and southern China to weaken the Japanese defenses, the more special was mismion attack railway bridge over the river in the vicinity of mungdo , next to the border of China and India, destroying the train traveling on the bridge where he was the head of the Japanese army in Burma, support various operations more surviving the war but ending its days as scrap.

the model:

View attachment 240554

IMG_0650_zps3cbd0f83.jpg

Last edited:
Wayne thanks
I started assembly, by the time everything pretty well detailed, tapes lacks weaponry feeding both the front, as the sides and tail, he'll look to do with plastic sheet and aluminum foil, also will missing something that is internal wiring looketh if I put the wiring or not all depends on being sincere desire that you have, I'm having a lot of work and I get quite lacking in desire other than rest and be with family.

IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

now I show you another hard task that has the kit brands injector the nozzles of plastic, is very marked throughout the plane

IMG_0704.jpg

Pump bay is something great comes with great detail, is very good.

IMG_0700.jpg

IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0702.jpg

so first of all be caulked and remove Injection marks to continue working on the plane.

Last edited:
Igor Do not worry my friend, the color of the interior thanks to Terry and other methods would have understood as
Glenn and Wayne thanks

Igor Do not worry my friend, the color of the interior thanks to Terry and other methods would have understood as
Glenn and Wayne thanks

Good to hear my friend :) I'm always concerned on these B-25s and never sure on the interior :D :) It'll look great :)

Once again a nice chose Sergio and a big helping hand from Master Terry who always delivers the goods.

painting progress as a basis inside Gunze use h58 green, after that I gave the H302 (Fs 34092) so that it is not very uniform to make it look something lower color.

IMG_0892.jpg

IMG_0893.jpg

IMG_0895.jpg

IMG_0896.jpg

I did something I'm starting to test the effects of light and color, making a darker side and a clearer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back