**** FINISHED: 1/72 CAC CA13 Boomerang - Aircraft Nose Art GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

parsifal

Colonel
Apr 6, 2008
Orange NSW
Name: Parsifal
Classification: Beginner
Project: Special hobby CAC Ca13 Boomerang 1/72Scale
Comments: I very nearly was not going to enter this build because I was having difficulty in finding a subject that i was both interested in and which fitted the build parameters. i think this kit fits the bill rather nicely. And im glad that i decided to participate in this build

There were four camo schemes to choose from

A46-199 "Home James" Nr 4 sqn RAAF, NG 7/44
A46-154 "Wanda Lust" Nr 83 sqn RAAF NT Aus 7/44
A46-193 "Struth" Nr 4 sqn RAAF, Labuan 9/44
A46-194 "Grim Reaper" Nr 4 sqn RAAF, Labuan 9/44

i finally decided to complete A46-199 'Home James".

Boomerangs were a remarkable achievement for the Australian Aircraft industry. At the time of their inception australia wasnt even producing its own automobiles. Boomerangs were designed and produced in the panic of early 1942, when australia found itself in the front line of action, and no fighters to combat the Japanese advance. Boomerangs have the dubious distinction of not having shot down a single enemy aircraft, thet thgey still proved very useful, in the target marking and gunfire support roles. Performance was modest, but Wackett an his team in 1944 produced a single turbocharged protype, the CA 14, which had a top speed in excess of 350 mph. This type was abandone in favour of the CA 15, a thorughly competitive fighter, but for reasons of economy never built.

i had my share of issues with this kit, but it was a nice build, and the result is pretty good i think. Anyway, here are the completed shots

Attachments

• final 1.jpg
    final 1.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 253
  • final 2.jpg
    final 2.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 513
  • final 3a.jpg
    final 3a.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 237
  • final 4.jpg
    final 4.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 235
  • final 5.jpg
    final 5.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 247
  • final 6.jpg
    final 6.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 212
  • final 8.jpg
    final 8.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 212
  • final 9.jpg
    final 9.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 287
Last edited by a moderator:
She looks great in flying mode :D :)

Thanks a lot guys. You are too too generous, but i still like the comments and encouragement guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back