1/48 bf109G-6/R6 "red 13"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

phoenix7187

Airman
Jan 25, 2007
ohio
1/48 scale hasegawa kit, I added both an cockpit and exterior photo etch details, drilled out guns/cannons, added brake lines, radio antenna, and scratchbuilt details to the oil and coolent radiators and eagle decals.

Marked and paint to depict reich experten Heinrich Bartels mount "red 13" of 7/JG27 november 1943 in the south of greece.

red1312.jpg

red135.jpg

red1310.jpg

red1320.jpg

Replaced out of scale radio antenna with a better example.

red1311.jpg

very Nice mate, I like it!! Bartels is a favourite of mine.

One correction for you 11/JG27 is the correct staffeln.

NJ the nicely done camo is one of a few different variations of the 74/75/76 applied to G series 109's, it wasn't necessarily a Mediterranean scheme.

I have info that indcates both 7 or 11 was not sure what source to believe. if you all are sure it's 11 that's great now I make a plaque for it. That was one of about a dozen question I had for you guys. As far as the saw tooth pattern camo again I have info that claims it did and didn't. I did that camo becasue I didn't have 109 with that type of camo yet:D. I'm not 100% sure that's accurate. But it looks cool. Thanks guys

red131-1.jpg

The saw tooth pattern was/is correct for the wings, however the tail planes were in the straight pattern.

here is an image to provide the detail...check the starboard wing in the background.

This G-6, Werk No. 27169 was photographed on or after the 15th Nov. 1943 as on this day Bartels scored his 70th victory, 71 coming on the 17th Nov.
The aircraft is a G-6/R6 Trop., it does in fact have the tropical filter as can be seen in the second image.
The IV Gruppe of JG27 was based at Kalamaki airfield, Greece at this time.

Photo Credit : Luftwaffe Warbirds Photo Album Vol.1

Attachments

• Bartels Bf109G6_70 Victories_b.JPG
    Bartels Bf109G6_70 Victories_b.JPG
    183.3 KB · Views: 257
  • Bartel Bf109G6 Red 13d 70.jpg
    Bartel Bf109G6 Red 13d 70.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 198
Thanks alot Wayne for taking the time to post those pics. I have to bottom pic, but have not seen the first one before. I'll have to add that to pile of pics. The info is much appreciated.
I like this scheme alot and may do another in 1/32 scale. It will look good next to my 1/32 hartmann 109.

thanks guy's for the great comments, glad you all like it. I try to make them as life like as possible and stay away from the toy look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back